Asian Cauliflower Rice is a delicious recipe which tastes just as good as your favourite Asian style fried rice. The best part is that it’s healthy, Keto, whole 30, low carb, paleo and vegan too. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
It’s basically cauliflower broken down into very small rice-sized pieces and then stir-fried just like you would do for rice.
It tastes delicious and is a very very healthy option as compared to eating rice. For people who want to cut down on carbs, this is a great option. This cauliflower rice is
- Whole 30
- Low Carb
- Easy to make
- Super quick
- loaded with Asian flavors
Is it good For you?
Cauliflower has 25 calories per cup of serving as compared to 215 for a cup of rice.
It is loaded with fibers, vitamins, and minerals and is in fact one of the healthiest vegetables. Making this rice using cauliflower gives you access to all these good things.
This rice does not taste like the regular rice
How to make it without a Food Processor?
If you don’t have a food processor, you can make cauliflower rice using a grater. Use the medium grate to grate the cauliflower and then use it in the recipe.
Can this rice be frozen?
This rice can be very easily frozen. So go ahead, double the recipe and freeze it for later use.
Just thaw it on the counter for an hour and then microwave until warm before serving.
Pro Tips by Neha
Use a food processor or a grater to make the cauliflower rice. Using these will ensure that the result is rice-like and not a paste of cauliflower.
You can add shrimp, pork, beef, shredded chicken, or eggs to your rice if you wish to.
You can add veggies of your choice to this rice. Try adding corn, peas, capsicum, etc.
Increase or decrease the quantity of sauces according to your taste.
You can ass some szechuan sauce if you like your food spicy.
To save time, you can rice the cauliflower in bulk and freeze it in small batches and use it whenever needed.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Wash the cauliflower and cut it into pieces. Add the pieces in a mixer and grind to make a coarse mixture.
Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
Add onion and fry for a minute.
Now add carrot, capsicum and broccoli and fry for another minute.
Add the ground cauliflower, salt, black pepper powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar and mix well. Cook for a minute.
Ready Cauliflower rice.
Asian Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1 Cauliflower (Medium Size)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 4-5 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1/2 cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Carrot (Finely Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Capsicum (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Broccoli (Cut into small florets)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tsp Dark Soy Sauce (Use Tamari for gluten free version.)
- 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce (Leave it for vegan version)
- 1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- Spring Onion Greens (For garnishing)
- Wash the cauliflower and cut it into pieces.
- Add the pieces in a mixer and grind to make a coarse mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic to it and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add carrot, capsicum and broccoli and fry for another minute.
- Now add the ground cauliflower, salt, black pepper powder, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar and mix well.
- Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot with any Indo Chinese style gravy.