Hing Jeera Aloo is a very simple yet soul-satisfying UP Style potato curry which goes very well with Poori and Paratha. Here is how to make it.
No matter how dear Masaledaar heavy food is to us, there are times we would all want something light and easy on the stomach.
What better ingredient for this purpose other than the all-time favourite Aloo?
I prepare this Hing Jeera Aloo recipe quite often and my family just loves it.
Jeera, Hing, Methi, Coriander and other flavours of this dish can set your digestion right in no time.
You can also try the Aloo Mutter Gobi the next time you feel like going for a simple dinner. Here is how to make Hing Jeera Aloo.
Hing Jeera Aloo Recipe
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Hing
- 1 tsp Zeera
- 1 tsp Methi dana (Crushed)
- 1/2 cup Toamto (Chopped)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 kg Potato (Boiled and peeled)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Once the ghee is hot, add hing, zeera and methi dana.
- Let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add tomato and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt and cook for another minute.
- Break the potatoes into small pieces using your finger and add them in the pan.
- Add 1 cup water and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Garnish with green chilli and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with poori or kachori.