Home Made Vanilla Extract….
On my recent trip to Coorg, I got hold of some gorgeous Vanilla Beans and making this extract has been in the list since then.
Home made vanilla extract makes for an excellent Christmas gift and with just two ingredients, you have a fantastic homemade extract ready in no time. For making this extract you will need Vanilla Beans and Alcohol. I am using Vodka for alcohol as it is neutral in flavour but you can also use Bourbon and Rum or Brandy.
Vanilla extract is expensive when purchased and not available that easily. Also, often it is of low quality. The Vanilla Extract that is prepared can be used in making healthy Vanilla Coconut Granola bars, lovely Mango Vanilla Smoothie, in Gingerbread Cake with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting and Honey Vanilla Madeleines. They add a wonderful flavor to any dessert or dish.
Here is a Video Recipe for Home Made Vanilla Extra
Home Made Vanilla Extract
- Vanilla bean - 5
- Vodka - 1 cup
- Make a slit in the bean using a sharp knife and scrape out all the caviar.
- Transfer this caviar in a glass bottle.
- Pour the alcohol in the bottle and put the beans along as well.
- Seal the bottle and shake it nicely.
- Your Vanilla extract is done.
- Store it in cool dry place for up to 3 weeks.
- Keep shaking the bottle after each week.
- The more you keep the extract, the more intense flavours will be.