Homemade Cream Fraiche… Cream fraiche is basically soured cream which has a slight tang, nutty flavor and a rich and velvety texture. It’s used in making variety of dishes like soups, pasta sauces and desserts. Although it’s available in some gourmet food stores, but is very expensive. It’s very very easy to make at home with just two ingredients and the result is awesome.
Cream Fraiche adds a depth of flavors to the dishes and it thicken without curdling. It can be along with cut fruits and also as a topping for soups and flat breads. Sea food and poultry cooked along with cream fraiche have a love distinctive flavors which cannot be achieved using fresh cream. Here is the simple recipe to make Homemade Cream Fraiche.
Recipe to make Homemade Cream Fraiche
Homemade Cream Fraiche
- Fresh cream - 500 ml
- Cultured buttermilk or cultured yogurt - 3 tsp
- Heat the fresh cream on medium heat till lukewarm.
- Stir in the buttermilk or yogurt.
- Transfer the mixture in a glass jar.
- Cover the jar with a kitchen towel and secure the towel with a rubber band.
- Keep the jar undisturbed in a warm place for 12-15 hours.
- Your home made cream fraiche is ready.
- Remove the kitchen towel and put the lid on the jar.
- Refrigerate the cream fraiche for at least 24 hours before using.
- Store the jar in refrigerator for up to a week.