There are a few things which are always there in my refrigerator, handy to be used when there are sudden hunger pangs and the kiddo wants something delicious too. This Homemade Pizza Sauce is one of those things.
Just a good slather on either a whole wheat pizza base or on a whole wheat bread slice, topped with a generous dose of Mozzarella, a pop in the oven for a few minutes. And then delicious snacks like Vegetable Bread Pizza, Mushroom Bell Pepper Pizzadella, Grilled Chicken Pizza ready in no time.
While coming up to this recipe, I have tried a lot of combinations and proportions in the past and finally have settled down on this one. Homemade Pizza is fairly easy to make when you have Pizza Dough and Pizza sauce from fresh tomatoes ready by your side.
To cook a great pizza on a rocking pizza night, you mainly need low carb, easy, tomato sauce for Pizza. And it can be home cook by using fresh crushed tomatoes, olive oil, tomato paste, tomato sauce, dried oregano, pepper flakes under 30 minutes with the help of a food processor.
While making homemade pizzas, I like using this easy Pizza Sauce Recipe on my dough and toppings like red pepper, olives, mushrooms et al. But you know what? It is actually this Homemade Pizza Sauce that truly makes an amazing pizza.
Which tomatoes are the best to make Pizza Sauce?
I agree that San Marzano tomatoes usually makes the best of Pizza Sauce but we cannot be importing them from Italy, right? If you are lucky then you might find them in India but trust me even the usual homegrown tomatoes do create a lip-smacking Homemade Sauce. So, do not feel bad or disheartened to use them.
If you live in the US, a can of San Marzano goes a long way and would be my preferred choice to make this sauce.
If using fresh tomatoes, select the ones that are red and fully ripe. Remove the seeds before adding them in the pan.
How to make Homemade Pizza Sauce from scratch?
Going by the experience of making Homemade Hoisin Sauce I can assure you that even this sauce is simple to make.
– Firstly, take some olive oil and butter in a pan. Skip butter if making a vegan version and replace it with more olive oil.
– Next, saute dried oregano, garlic in it once they get heated.
– Add chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, salt, black pepper and basil and let it cook nicely for 45 minutes.
– Lastly, add tomato paste, red chilli powder and sugar and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
– Make sure to mash the tomato pieces often to get a thick sauce.
– Also, remember that once the sauce cools down it would become thicker.
– Finally, blend the sauce using a hand blander if you like it a little smooth. Leave it as is if you like a chunky sauce.
See? I told you making this sauce is that simple! Now, next time you are up for a pizza party, ditch the ready-made Pizzas and root for a yummy homemade one made easily with this ultimate Pizza Sauce! Rush and note down the recipe then! Go, go, go!
How to make Vegan Pizza Sauce?
The key ingredient of pizza sauce is tomatoes and a blend of spices that imparts a sharp flavour to the recipe. So the sauce itself is vegan as no dairy is added to it.
You can make some pretty amazing vegan pizzas out of this delicious recipe! The sauce is low in carb and therefore it makes it health friendly but appetizing. Just spread the pizza sauce over the pizza crust and relish your favourite dish.
Pizza Sauce Recipe
The best Pizza Sauce is made at home using the finest of ingredients.Try this easy, low carb homemade Pizza Sauce made from fresh tomatoes and enjoy. Here is how to make Pizza Sauce at home.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Garlic Chopped
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 kg Fresh Tomato Cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves Roughly torn
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- Heat olive oil and butter in a pan.
- Add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add dried oregano and fry for a few seconds.
- Add fresh tomato, tomato puree, salt, black pepper and fresh basil and cook on low heat for around 45 minutes.
- Keep mashing the sauce with the back of a ladle.
Add tomato paste, red chilli powder and sugar and cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Keep in mind that sauce will thicken a little more once cooled.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- It can be refrigerated for up to a week.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffairon Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.