If your kid or your partner doesn’t prefer spicy food, then you could tone down the portions I had used for red chilli paste. Apart, from that, let me tell you that my family instantly loved this recipe. To increase their happiness, I served Honey Sesame Tofu along with Spicy Sesame and Peanut Noodles. You may even try Vegetarian Pad Thai Noodles for sure someday as they taste delicious with Honey Sesame Tofu Recipe as well.
To make this tofu recipe, you have to start with frying tofu in oil until it turns golden brown in color. It is then coated in sauces and sprinkled with sesame seeds. Instead of frying, you can also bake tofu and then coat in sauces. This easy recipes takes just a few minutes to come together and can be paired with any Indo Chinese Rice or Noodles.
You could use paneer while making this recipe instead of Tofu, that’s completely your call. I prefer using Tofu because of its obvious health benefits. Tofu is prepared by curdling soya milk, it has a good amount of protein. Additionally, it is a source of iron and magnesium as well. I like its taste as it doesn’t have this milky flavor like paneer but still it is tender just as paneer. Tofu is totally an awesome alternative for paneer, trust me!
You might also like
Honey Sesame Tofu Recipe Recipe
Honey Sesame Tofu Recipe
Honey Sesame Tofu
- Tofu - 400 g
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp + 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil - 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp chopped
- Ginger - 2 tsp chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup cut into big cubes
- Red bell pepper - 1/2 cup cut into big cubes
- Yellow bell pepper - 1/2 cup cut into big cubes
- Broccoli - 1/2 cup cut into small florets
- Soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1 tsp
- Honey - 2 tsp
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Red chili paste - 1 tsp If red chili paste is not available, soak a few dry red chilies in hot water for 10 minutes. Grind them in a grinder to make a smooth paste
- Red chili - 2-3 chopped
- Spring onion greens - 1/2 cup chopped
- Sesame seeds - 2 tbsp ( dry roasted till golden brown
- Oil for frying
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- Pat them dry using a kitchen towel.
- Mix tofu cubes with 2 tbsp cornflour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the tofu till it is slightly browned.
- Drain on a plate lined with kitchen tissue.
- Keep aside.
- Heat sesame oil and vegetable oil in a wok.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry till slightly browned.
- Add onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and broccoli.
- Fry for a minute.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, peanuts, red chili paste and red chilies.
- Add salt to taste and 1/2 tsp black pepper powder.
- Mix 2 tbsp cornflour with a cup of water and add it in the wok.
- Add the fried tofu and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spring onion greens and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot with fried rice or noodles.