Here is How to make Palak Paneer Paratha, an Indian flatbread which is as delicious as Palak Paneer Sabzi and is super easy to make as well. Check this step by step recipe and make it now.
Craving for a breakfast that provides instant satiation?
Then without a second thought, always call dibs of this yummy, desi flatbread popularly known as Paratha.
Stuffed or just rolled with spice mix plus one veggie, any time you eat a paratha served with a generous dollop of butter, you know that you aren’t going to feel hungry anytime soon!
Because of the fact that I am North Indian, it is difficult to imagine our weekly breakfast without making parathas at least once or twice a week.
Almost as tastier as Palak Paneer Sabzi, Palak Paneer Paratha gets made with a generous layer of spinach, wheat flour which is stuffed with paneer and spices!
Imagine a heavenly green flatbread which oozes out with nicely melted, grated paneer, onions and spices – ain’t that just enough to give a #FoodComa, peeps?
To cook this palak paratha, spinach puree is added in the paratha dough and then it is stuffed with a spicy paneer mix.
Roll paratha and then fry until crisp and golden brown. You can serve it with sides of pickle and raita.
This is definitely an improvised version of Paneer paratha as it is much tastier and healthier.
Instead of making a spinach puree to add in the flour, you can also finely chop the spinach and add it in the flour and then knead it.
You might also like
Step By Step Recipe
Add spinach and green chilli in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste. Use little water if required. Mix this paste with whole wheat flour and salt. Add water and knead to make a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside.
Mix all the ingredients for making the filling in a bowl.
Divide the dough into large lemon sized balls. Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4-inch circle.
Keep 2-3 tablespoon of filling in the center of the circle and then bring the ends together.
Dust and roll gently to make a 6-inch paratha. Heat a griddle. Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle. Cook until brown spots appear on both sides. Apple oil and cook until nicely browned. Serve hot with raita and pickle.
Palak Paneer Paratha Recipe
For the dough
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 and ½ cup Spinach
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Salt
For the filling
- 200 g Paneer
- Salt to taste
- ¼ cup Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Grated)
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Dry Mango Powder
- ½ teaspoon Roasted Cumin Powder
- Oil for frying
- Add spinach and green chilli in a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Use little water if required.
- Mix this paste with whole wheat flour and salt.
- Add water and knead to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for making the filling in a bowl.
- Divide the dough into large lemon sized balls.
- Dust and roll the dough ball to make a 4 inch circle.
- Keep 2-3 tablespoon of filling in the centre of the circle and then bring the ends together.
- Dust and roll gently to make a 6 inch paratha.
- Heat a griddle.
- Transfer the paratha on the hot griddle.
- Cook until brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Apple oil and cook until nicely browned.
- Serve hot with raita and pickle.