I had visited my friend last year during the winter, she had served me Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera. She being a Hyderabadi, made a delicious Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera. Made using almonds, saffron, chironji, cardamom and milk, Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera makes you feel like you are from a royal clan. I so loved sipping it that I asked her to share the recipe without waiting for a minute.
This beverage is one of those many authentic Hyderabadi recipes which are very popular pan India. Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera is usually savoured during breakfast.
However, more often than not it is also made during the month of Ramazan. It is very nutritious and gives instant energy and is definitely a good start for the day. I like to make this drink when the days are a little cold. By just sipping on this hot and energizing drink makes me feel so much better!
Moreover, almonds, saffron, chironji and cardamom lend this drink a very refreshing flavor and make this drink irresistible just like Badam Ka Sharbat.
Looks like your mouth is already watering, right? Bookmark this simple recipe for Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera and make this authentic Hyderabadi beverage at home and sip it like a queen!
Hyderabadi Badam ka Hareera / Healthy and Nourishing Almond Drink
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 1 tablespoon Maida /All purpose flour
- ¼ cup Almond powder (I blended blanched almonds in a blender to make powder)
- 1 lt Full cream milk
- 2 pinch Saffron
- 2 tablespoon Chironji
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- ½ teaspoon Clove powder
- 12-15 Dried rose petals (For garnishing)
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add maida and roast for a few seconds till it is slightly browned.
- Add almond powder and milk and bring to a boil.
- Keep stirring.
- Add saffron and chironji and cook on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add sugar and cook for another minute.
- Add cardamom powder and clove powder and mix.
- Pour in glasses.
- Garnish with rose petals.
- Serve hot.