Ridiculously easy to make, Instant Pot Taco Soup is a healthy filling soup which tastes scrumptious as well. Moreover, it gets ready within 30 minutes of cook time. So, make it whenever you want as it is one of the easiest instant pot recipes and serve it with a fresh dollop of sour cream. Here’s how to make Taco Soup in Instant Pot.
Monsoons and Winters, are two seasons that are just perfect to sip on some fresh Masala Tea | Indian Ginger Tea but this is also the time when you crave something hot and comforting for your meals too.
And what can be better than piping hot soups on such cold days? Right?
I have been making homemade soups for long, but now with Instant Pot by my side making them has become incredibly quick and easy.
So, without wasting any time, I tried my hands on this Taco Soup.
A motley of diced tomatoes, beef, onions, black beans, and chicken broth, this soup is satisfying, salubrious, and scrumptious.
With beans being a hit combo with tacos, you may serve this Mexican soup with tortilla chips or even with cheese, Jalapenos et al.
You just need a little amount of olive oil to make it.
As a result, even your workout doesn’t go for a toss if you eat it all up.
It’s super healthy and I am sure even your kids will love this one.
So, whenever you feel that nip in the air again, get all the ingredients ready and make this comforting and delicious Instant Pot Taco Soup, which will definitely satisfy your Mexican cravings.
Here are some more Soup Recipes, that you can comfort you during those cold days – Tom Kha Soup, Instant Pot Cauliflower Soup, Cream Of Mushroom Soup, Pumpkin Curry Soup, Tomato Basil Soup, Healthy Carrot Ginger Soup
About the recipe
It is a delicious soup from the Mexican cuisine, which is made with the combination of beef, onion, taco seasoning, chilli powder, salt, black pepper powder, chicken broth, corn, tomato, green chilli, and black bean.
I always make the Taco Seasoning at home, as it lends a beautiful flavor to my Mexican dishes, just like this Taco Soup.
This soup is
- Easy to make
Why should you make this in an Instant Pot?
- Yes, we can definitely make this soup in a slow cooker or over a stovetop and I have nothing against the Indian style pressure cooker but Instant Pot allows multitasking especially when you expect guests or during parties.
- Also, if you do not like standing near the stove constantly while making dishes, trust Instant Pot saves you big time.
- In Instant Pot you can thaw all the ingredients, select your mode of cooking, and manage other tasks then.
Can I freeze this?
Taco soup freeze very well. Transfer it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months.
I recommend freezing it in individual portions so you can thaw one portion when needed.
Can I use ground turkey instead of ground beef?
You can use ground turkey, ground chicken or ground pork to make this soup.
Ground beef is rich in fat and hence the resultant soup is super flavorful. But feel free to use any meat of your choice.
You can replace beef with mutton or chicken mince also.
Oh, you can go as versatile as you want. Personally, a few of my favorite add-ons are:
- Sour Cream
- Cheddar Cheese
- Tortilla Chips
- Lemon Wedges
With that sorted, do make this decadent soup super soon and drop your feedback for its recipe through your comments, okay?
How to make this soup with frozen beef?
Pour 1 cup water into your Instant Pot and place the trivet or a cooking rack.
Place the ground beef on top of the trivet.
Set the Instant Pot to MANUAL and press the timer for 20 minutes.
At the end of the cooking time, turn the Instant Pot off.
Do a quick release and drain the water from the Instant Pot.
Now follow the recipe given below.
You might also like:
Step by Step Recipe
Press the SAUTE mode of the instant pot and add olive oil in the pot.
Add ground beef and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
Add taco seasoning, chilli powder, salt and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
Now add chicken broth, corn, tomatoes, green chilli and black beans in the pot and put the lid of the Instant pot.
Press PRESSURE COOK and set the timer to 10 minutes.
Instant pot will take 10-12 minutes for the steam to build up and start the timer. Once the timer goes off, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10-12 minutes and then do a quick release of steam. Open the lid of the Instant Pot and give the soup a mix.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 400 g Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Onion (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1 cup Tomato (Chopped)
- 2 tsp Green Chilli (Chopped)
- 1 can Black Bean
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro (Chopped)
- Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- Tortilla Chips (Crushed)
- Avocado (Cut into slices)
- Lemon Wedges
- Jalapeno (Chopped)
- Press the SAUTE mode of instant pot and add olive oil in the pot.
- Add ground beef and onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning, chilli powder, salt and pepper and cook for another 3-4 minutes
- Now add chicken broth, corn, tomatoes, green chilli and black beans in the pot and put the lid of the Instant pot.
- Press PRESSURE COOK and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Instant pot will take 10-12 minutes for the steam to build up and start the timer.
- Once the timer goes off, let the pot sit undisturbed for 10-12 minutes and then do a quick release of steam.
- Open the lid of the Instant Pot and give the soup a mix.
- Transfer the soup in serving bowls.
- Top with the topping ingredients.
- Serve hot.