This Italian Tomato pasta sauce is one of the recipes which I make pretty often as kiddo is a Pasta buff and I like to keep the sauce handy, so whenever he wants to eat pasta, all I have to do is to boil the pasta and toss it in the sauce which is already in the refrigerator. So here is how to make a robust, full of flavours Tomato Pasta Sauce.
Italian Pasta Sauce
- 1 kg Ripe red tomatoes
- 4 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Garlic (Finely chopped)
- 1 cup Onion (Finely chopped)
- 8 – 10 leaves Fresh basil
- ¼ cup Tomato Puree
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar
- Wash the tomatoes and make a cross section on the top using a sharp knife.
- Heat water in a large pan and once the water comes to a boil, add the tomatoes in the boiling water.
- Let them cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Drain the water and let the tomatoes cool a bit.
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes and cut them into halves.
- Remove the seeds of the tomatoes.
- Mash the tomatoes with your hands and add the torn basil leaves in the mashed tomatoes.
- Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomato and basil mixture in the pan.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chili powder, pepper and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the sauce cool for some time.
- Transfer the sauce in the jar of a blender and blend it just once or twice.
- I like my sauce a little chunky so I do not blend it too much. If you like your smooth, blend the sauce till it is smooth.
- Store in a clean jar in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use as required.