Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce…It’s been almost 3 and 1/2 years of blogging journey for me and I am very thankful to god to give me this opportunity to learn and improve myself every single day. I used to cook a lot before I started to blog and have many recipes jotted down in my diary from the no blogging days. A few of the recipes are a regular in my house since quite a few years. This Italian Tomato pasta sauce is one of the recipes which I make pretty often as kiddo is a Pasta buff and I like to keep the sauce handy, so whenever he wants to eat pasta, all I have to do is to boil the pasta and toss it in the sauce which is already in the refrigerator. Although I make this sauce pretty often, It some how never made up to the blog in all these years. So today when I made the fresh batch, I made it a point to click a few pictures and share this recipe with you all. So here is how to make a robust, full of flavours and chunky Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce.
Recipe to make Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce
Italian Pasta Sauce
- Ripe red tomatoes - 1 kg
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tbsp Finely chopped
- Onion - 1 cup Finely chopped
- Fresh basil - 8-10 leaves
- Tomato Puree - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Freshly cracked black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Balsamic vinegar - 2 tsp
- Wash the tomatoes and make a cross section on the top using a sharp knife.
- Heat water in a large pan and once the water comes to a boil, add the tomatoes in the boiling water.
- Let them cook for 30-40 seconds.
- Drain the water and let the tomatoes cool a bit.
- Remove the skin of the tomatoes and cut them into halves.
- Remove the seeds of the tomatoes.
- Mash the tomatoes with your hands and add the torn basil leaves in the mashed tomatoes.
- Keep aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add the tomato and basil mixture in the pan.
- Add tomato puree, salt, red chili powder, pepper and balsamic vinegar and cook for 15-20 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the sauce cool for some time.
- Transfer the sauce in the jar of a blender and blend it just once or twice.
- I like my sauce a little chunky so I do not blend it too much. If you like your smooth, blend the sauce till it is smooth.
- Store in a clean jar in refrigerator for up to a week.
- Use as required.