Kaju Ki Barfi or Cashew Fudge is a much sought after and most loved sweet, especially by those with a sweet tooth. This recipe of Kaju Ki Barfi that I have prepared is made with cashew and sugar, and is so easy and fool proof that you’ll never want to buy it from the market at such a high price! Festival season is approaching , so I thought to share this recipe with you all. I also make stuffed rolls with the same recipe. Will be sharing them soon. The only trick to making perfect barfis is to get the consistency of sugar syrup right. If the syrup is too thick, your barfi will turn out hard and if the syrup is too thin, it will not bind. The sugar syrup should be of one string consistency.
How to test the consistency of sugar syrup – Take a little syrup on the back of a spoon. Touch it with your finger. Now bring your thumb and finger together and then pull apart. If the syrup makes one string, your syrup is fine. If it does not make any string, it needs to be cooked more.
Kesar Malai Peda and Kesar Malai Ladoo are my kid’s favourite but when I serve him, Kaju Ki Barfi, he literally feels more elated. You could make Kaju Ki Barfi for the upcoming festivals and even serve them as goodies to the friends, family. Do note down my recipe and prepare the same:
Kaju Ki Barfi
Kaju Ki Barfi
- Cashew nuts - 1 cup It is important to use cashew nuts at room temperature
- Cornflour - 1 tsp If you are making it for fasting, then don't add cornflour
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Ghee for smearing the surface.
- Silver foil for garnishing optional
- Blend cashew nuts and cornflour in a blender to make a smooth powder.
- Heat sugar and water in a non stick pan.
- Cook till the syrup has reached one string consistency.
- Add cashew nut powder to the pan.
- Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes, till the mixture start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Do not over cook.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
- Take out the mixture on a platform and knead till soft and smooth.
- Grease a plate or a platform with ghee.
- Roll the mixture on a greased plate or surface.
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Garnish with silver foil if you want.
- Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to a week.