I have been trying a lot of traditional Kashmiri Recipes off late, I recently prepared Kasmiri Dahi Baingan and Kashmiri Shufta is one of them. Shufta is a traditional Kashmiri dessert specially made during festivals and Marriages is nothing but a mixture of various dry fruits and spices coated with sugar syrup. Although the recipe looks very simple, it tastes awesome. Dry fruits are first soaked in water for some time and then mixed with ghee, various spice powders and sugar.
I would be looking forward to your feedback for the same, so, do prepare Kashmiri Shufta and drop your comment pretty soon.
Equipment Required – Karahi
Kashmiri Shufta Recipe, How to make Kashmiri Shufta
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Cashewnuts
- ½ cup Big raisins
- ½ cup Pistachio
- ½ cup Walnut
- 8-10 Dry dates
- ½ cup Dry coconut
- ½ cup Panee (Cut into small pieces)
- ½ cup Ghee
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 2 tablespoon Dried rose petals
- Soak almonds, cashew nuts, big raisins, pistachios and walnuts in enough water for 30 minutes.
- Soak dry dates in another bowl.
- Cut the soaked dates into small pieces and remove the seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Fry the coconut till slightly browned.
- Remove in a plate.
- Fry paneer pieces in the same ghee till slightly browned.
- Drain the water from the dry fruits and add them in the pan.
- Add the fried coconut.
- Add sugar, black pepper powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, saffron and rose petals in the pan.
- Cook till sugar is dissolved.
- Serve immediately.
- If making it for later use, re-heat before serving.