Make restaurant style Keema Naan at home using a tava/ griddle. Within minutes you can enjoy the tastiest Naan ever. Here is how to make Keema Naan at home.
Keema Naan Recipe
Make restaurant style Keema Naan at home using a tava/ griddle. Within minutes you can enjoy the tastiest Naan ever. Use this perfect Keema Naan Recipe.
For the dough
- 4 cups Maida / All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- Milk to knead the dough
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Butter or ghee to spread on naan
For the filling
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Onion
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 600 g Mutton mince / Keema
- 1/4 cup Tomato puree
- 4 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Green chilli Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander Chopped
For the dough
- Mix maida, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and yogurt in a bowl.
- Add milk and knead a soft dough.
- Oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the oiled bowl.
- Cover the bowl and keep in a warm place for 1 hour.
For the filling
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste and fry for a few minutes till raw smell is gone.
- Add keema and fry for 2-3 minutes on high heat.
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder and salt to taste and fry for a minute.
- Add a cup of water and cover and cook till the keema is done.
- Remove the cover and cook the keema till all the water is evaporated.
- Remove the pan from heat and keep it tilted so that all the extra oil is collected on one side of the pan.
- Let the keema cool completely before filling it in the naan.
- Divide the dough into 15-16 balls.
- Dust the balls with maida and roll to make a 4-5 inch circle.
- Keep a tbsp of filling in the center.
- Bring the ends together.
- Roll and flatten a bit.
- Dust with flour and very gently roll to flatten the naan.
- Heat a griddle.
- Apply water on the top surface of the naan.
Keep the naan on the hot griddle with the water side down.
- The naan will stick to the griddle because of water applied.
- Now turn the griddle upside down over the flame.
- Cook till brown spots appear on the naan.
- Turn the griddle and cook the naan for 20-30 seconds.
- Remove using a tong.
- Apply butter or ghee if desired.
- Serve hot.
- You can make these naans and store in a hot box a few hours prior to eating.
- This recipe can be halved or doubled easily.
- You can use a mix of all purpose flour and wheat flour to make your naan a little healthier. The texture will be little different though.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.