Summer is back and that need to keep ourselves hydrated is on the top of our minds. I thought what better way to beat the heat other than relishing Paani Puris. Being a huge fan of the Khatta Paani used in Paani Puris, I decided to make some for myself at home. The Khatta Paani used in Paani Puris is made using fresh, green coriander and mint leaves. Khatta Paani Puri Ka Paani has a tangy, mildly spicy flavor which totally surprises your palate. Instead of eating Paani Puris at some unhygienic roadside joint, I always prefer making the Khatta Paani and Khatti Meethi Imli ki Chutney for chaat at home. A lot of times, I also make the puris at home and will be sharing the recipe very soon.
Coriander used for making the same not only controls cholesterol but also keeps blood pressure in check. Additionally, mint is a great appetizer, so you have all the legitimate reasons to eat more Paani Puris. Let’s quickly check out the recipe for making the Khatta Paani Puri Ka Paani. Do share this quick and easy recipe for Khatta Paani Puri Ka Paani with your friends! For more foodie updates, you can join me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram anytime!
Khatta Paani Puri Ka Paani
- Coriander leaves - ½ cup
- Mint leaves - ½ cup
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Water - 1 litre
- Roasted cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Chaat masala powder - 2-3 tsp
- Black salt - 1 tsp
- Amchoor powder - 2-3 tsp
- Add coriander leaves, mint leaves, ginger and green chilli in the jar of a blender and blend to make a smooth paste.
- Add water in a jar and mix this paste in it along with cumin powder, chaat masala, amchoor powder and salt.
- Keep the water for 2-3 hours in refrigerator for the flavours to mature.
- Check for tanginess and more salt and amchoor powder if required.
- Stir well before filling the Paani in the Pani Puri.