Lahsooni Methi Paneer… A perfect combination of great food that is also healthy and nutritious, Lahsooni Methi Paneer or garlic flavored cottage cheese cooked in a yoghurt based gravy, makes for a quick and light lunch especially on days when there just isn’t time to cook something elaborate.
Originally from Punjabi, this dish is now prepared across India, with spices adjusted to suit individual tastes. The gravy can even be made low cal or vegan by replacing paneer with tofu.
Lahsooni Methi Paneer Recipe
Lahsooni Methi paneer
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Garlic - 3 tsp Finely chopped
- Onion - 1 cup Finely chopped
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Kasuri methi - 2 tbsp
- Paneer - 200 g
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Honey - 1 tsp
- For the tadka
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tsp Chopped
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and ginger and fry till onion turns slightly brown.
- Whisk yogurt with flour and add it in the pan.
- Cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Add little water and cook for a minute.
- Add paneer, cream, kauri methi, lemon juice and honey and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water if required and cook for another minute.
- For the tadka
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- When the ghee is hot, add garlic and fry till they turn light brown.
- Pour the tadka over the curry.
- Serve hot with Laccha Paratha or Naan.
Try more tried & tested Paneer Recipes and let me know which ones you like. Click here