Lauki Ki Barfi Recipe
Lauki ki Barfi Recipe
- 1 lt Full cream milk
- 2 cups Lauki bottle gourd (peeled and grated without seeds)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 250 gms Khoya (Grated and fried in a pan till slightly browned)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Almond and pistachio slivers to garnish
- Silver foil to garnish
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the grated lauki.
- Cook till all the milk has reduced and mixture has thickened.
- Add sugar.
- The lauki will release some more water.
- Cook again till the mixture has thickened.
- Add the khoya, ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a small plate with ghee and pour the mixture in the plate.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the plate.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Apply silver foil if using.
- Let the barfi set for a few hours in the fridge.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days in refrigerator.