Lauki Ki Barfi
Lauki ki Barfi Recipe
- Full cream milk - 1 liter
- Lauki bottle gourd - 2 cups peeled and grated without seeds
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Khoya - 250 gm Grated and fried in a pan till slightly browned
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 2 tsp
- Almond and pistachio slivers to garnish
- Silver foil to garnish
- Heat milk in a heavy bottom pan.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the grated lauki.
- Cook till all the milk has reduced and mixture has thickened.
- Add sugar.
- The lauki will release some more water.
- Cook again till the mixture has thickened.
- Add the khoya, ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a small plate with ghee and pour the mixture in the plate.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the plate.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Apply silver foil if using.
- Let the barfi set for a few hours in the fridge.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for 2-3 days in refrigerator.