Want to serve your family a sabzi recipe that is both tasty and nutritious? Boil down on Lauki Tamatar Sabzi that perfectly fits the mold! Here is how to make it.
The mention of Lauki or bottle gourd for meals gives mixed feelings, doesn’t it?
Well, it did give me at least!
I never liked the usual sabzis made using Lauki but whenever my darling mom made any of her Lauki specialties like Lauki ki Barfi, Lauki ka Halwa, Lauki Nazakat, Lauki ki Kheer, Lauki ka Thepla, Lauki ki Chutney, Saunfia Lauki, Kashmiri Al Yakhni, Lauki Chana Dal I used to be the first one to hog on them and the story has not changed till date.
That’s why I always feel that even the most common vegetable can turn into an awesome accompaniment like Lauki Tamatar Sabzi recipe simply by adding onions, garlic, green chillies, curry leaves, red chilli and you bet it does taste great!
In order to make this interesting Lauki Tamatar Sabji, all you need to do is start with heating oil or ghee in a pressure cooker.
Once it is reasonably hot, add cumin seeds, add turmeric powder, chilli powder.
Then go chopped tomato and lauki along with a cup of water to be pressure cooked.
And then within minutes, your ultimately delish side dish is ready to be served with parathas.
The flavors of tomato and lauki blend so very well that you won’t be able to stop with just one serving of this luscious Lauki Tamatar Sabzi.
With a fresh bunch of Lauki growing up in my home garden, these days, I never leave a chance to make Lauki Tamatar Sabzi whenever I reap one tender bottle gourd.
And trust me, the instance you make this sabzi, it sure to feature on your go-to sabzi list!
This winter, make this healthy sabzi and savor it with all the joys of the world! here I show to make it.
Lauki Tamatar Sabzi Recipe
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- ¼ teaspoon Hing
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Seeds
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Tomato (Chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chilli (Slit into half)
- 500 g Bottle Gourd / Lauki (Peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon Fresh Coriander (Chopped)
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker.
- Once the ghee is hot, add hing and cumin seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and fry for a few seconds.
- Add green chilli and tomato and cook for a minute.
- Add little water if the masala is too dry.
- Now add lauki, salt and a cup of water and pressure cook till lauki is done.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat and let the pressure release.
- Remove the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with paratha.