Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines is a simple to make French small tea cakes which can be served with tea or coffee or as dessert. Here is how to make these.
Madeleines are French, small tea cakes which are easily associated with their scalloped shell like shape. Although these small treats are very easy to make, precision in measuring the ingredients and carefully monitoring the Madeleines while they bake in the oven are two very important things that anyone should keep in mind to get perfectly soft and moist madeleines.
Madeleines can be made in a variety of flavours including Honey Vanilla, Classic French, Chocolate and many other flavors including Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines with Chocolate and Pistachios. These can be served without any dipping sauce on the side or can be dipped in chocolate or any other sauce to give a contrast of flavours.
I kind of like making Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines with Chocolate and Pistachios more because of its nice flavour. The combination of lemon and vanilla is absolutely worth dying for! Moreover, the flavour of Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines with Chocolate and Pistachios is so subtle and nice that kids, as well as adults can savour it without any reservations.
Here is a very simple recipe to make Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines with Chocolate and Pistachios:
Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines Recipe
Lemon and Vanilla madeleines
Lemon and Vanilla Madeleines is a simple to make French small tea cakes which can be served with tea or coffee or as dessert.
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Orange zest
- 4 Egg white
- 100 g Unsalted butter Melted and cooled
For the dipping chocolate
- 50 g Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Pistachios Finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 170 degree C.
- Lightly grease a Madeleine tray.
- Mix Granulated sugar, all purpose flour, baking powder, lemon zest and orange zest in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg whites slightly and add them in the dry mixture and mix till combined.
- Add the melted and cooled butter in the mixture and mix well to combine.
- Fill the Madeleine moulds with batter till 3/4 full.
- Keep the tray in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes till a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Madeleines tend to cook very soon, so do keep an eye on them while they are baking.
- To coat them in chocolate, melt some good quality chocolate in a bowl.
- Dip a small portion of madeleine in the chocolate.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachios over the chocolate.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.