Step by Step recipe to make Makhane Ka Raita
I think that one should eat proper meals throughout the day. Kickstart your day with a wholesome breakfast of Overnight Oats in Coconut Milk and have lunch of flavourful Ananas ki Sabzi along with fluffy Phulkas. As it is not recommended to consume curd during evenings, I prefer eating curd-based dishes mainly during lunch which completes our meal. In the form of raitas or buttermilk, a tangy, creamy accompaniment of curd is always served in my home. My list of raitas includes Spring Onion Peanut Raita, Mooli Ka Raita, Strawberry Ka Raita but recently after preparing Makhane Ka Raita, it has become my favourite too! Made from lotus seeds/fox nuts, Makhane Ka Raita has a subtle crunch plus it is incredibly creamy.
I like the beautiful taste that the roasted Makhana grants to Makhane Ka Raita. Plus, the addition of black salt, roasted cumin powder, green chilli and fresh coriander gives such good feels while relishing Makhane Ka Raita, that everyone drools to take an extra serving of the accompaniment. Super quick to make when a pack of Makhana is ready at your home, do note down the recipe of Makhane Ka Raita and make it soon!
Makhane Ka Raita
- Fresh Curd - 1 and ½ cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Makhane - 2 cups
- Black salt - ½ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Green chilli - ½ tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Fresh coriander - ½ tsp ( Finely chopped )
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add makhane and roast on medium flame until they are crisp.
- Keep stirring continuously.
- Remove the roasted makhane in a plate and let them cool.
- Slightly crush them using a rolling pin.
- Whisk curd in a bowl until smooth.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Add the crushed makhane, black salt, roasted cumin powder, green chilli and fresh coriander and mix well.
- Add more milk if the raita is too thick.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
Step By Step Recipe to make Makhane Ka Raita