Indian flatbreads are all about grains, and the beautiful preparation, the blend with spices and presentation. Chapattis and rotis of any kind are a staple food mostly in North India, unlike rice in the South.
There is no meal which doesn’t have them. Makki Aur Mooli Ka Paratha is one such traditional Punjabi dish made with radish and mustard seeds, enjoyed especially during winters. It is traditionally made in the wood fire, but now we have started making it on the stove top.
It tastes best when it is hot and smeared with a layer of ghee on top and a piece of gur ( jaggery ) on the side. Alternatively, you can enjoy it with Punjabi Sarson Ka Saag, Dhingri Dolma or Aloo Gosht. Here is how to make Makki aur Mooli ka Paratha.
Makki aur Mooli ka Paratha Recipe
Makki aur Mooli ka Paratha
Makki aur Mooli ka Paratha is a traditional Punjabi dish made especially during winters. It was traditionally made in the wood fire using corn flour, grated radish and other spices and condiments. Serve it with white butter for delicious winter treat.
- 2 cups Makke ka atta
- 2 cups Mooli / Radish Grated
- 1 tsp Ginger Grated
- 1/2 tsp Methi Chopped
- 1 Green chilli Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for frying
- Ghee for applying on top
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Add little warm water and make a soft dough. ( This dough is different from the regular wheat flour dough. It does not makes a smooth dough )
- Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts and shape them into balls.
- Grease two plastic sheets with oil.
- Keep the dough ball in between the sheets and roll into 5-6 inch disc.
- Heat a griddle.
- Very gently transfer the paratha on the griddle and cook from both the sides applying little oil, till brown spots appear.
- Remove the paratha from griddle.
- Apply ghee on top.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney, gur and onion.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.