The only perks of India summers in my humble opinion is the availability of stone fruits. Pears, peaches, cherries, plums and to top them all Mangoes. Plump and juicy, this saffron beauty has made it’s royal entry in the vegetable and fruits stores and piles after piles of different varieties tempt me, even more, to come back home with a few bags full of this king of fruits. Churned into a shake for breakfast, grilled on a grill and served with some whipped cream for dessert or cut into slices to snack on any time of the day and my summers are good. The newest addition to my mango mania is this Mango Avocado Salsa. All it takes is five minutes to chop the mangoes, avocado, onion and tomatoes and you have a brilliant snack ready. There is a lot of entertaining happening at my place off late and Mango Avocado Salsa has become my favorite snack option. It goes really well with nachos or any other crackers and is a breeze to make.
I have intentionally used avocado in this mangolicious salsa as avocado not only blends well with the fruitiness of mango but also because it is very nutritious. Avocados are full of fiber. By eating avocado, we reduce our cholesterol levels. Moreover, avocados make us healthier and fit. They are full of antioxidants which are very good for our eyes. Avocados even help in preventing cancer and arthritis. Ladies, avocados even help in losing weight, so make sure that you and your family relish avocados often! If you wish to know how nutritious mangoes are then do check my recipe on lip-smacking Aamras.
The weekend has arrived, what are you waiting for? Get started, bookmark this simple recipe for toothsome Mango Avocado Salsa and relish it within no time! BTW, have you followed me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram yet? Let’s get connected then and share more #Summerhacks, new recipes this year!
Mango Avocado Salsa
Mango Avocado Salsa
- Mango - 1 cup peeled and cubed into small pieces
- Avocado - 1 cup skin removed and cubed into small pieces
- Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp chopped
- Green chili - 1 finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients gently in a bowl.
- Serve immediately with nachos or any other crackers.
- You can also make this salsa 1-2 hours prior to serving. In that case, do not add salt and lemon juice and keep the salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Add salt and lemon juice just before serving.