My love for BBQ Sauce stretches out of boundaries. A quick spread of BBQ Sauce with veggies on fresh, homemade bread makes my day every single time. With the arrival of mangoes this season, I crafted delicious smoothie and salsa using the king of fruits. However, since some days, I had this itch for making something more exotic from mangoes. That’s when I thought of making Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce. Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce is a very versatile accompaniment. Spread on pizzas, wraps, sandwiches or use it as a marinade, dressing for salads, Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce ends up enhancing your meals. Just to pair up the sweetness lent by mangoes, I have used red chilli, onion, garlic and ginger to level up the spiciness of Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce.
In order make this tangy and fruity sauce at home, firstly, I have just sautéed all the ingredients in olive oil so as to give a subtly cooked flavour to Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce. Apart from that, by sautéing all the ingredients, their collective flavour gets enhanced as well. Once the ingredients get sautéed, you just need them to cool down and then you need to blend them and Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce thus gets prepared within no time. Store this smooth, delicious Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce in a refrigerator and generously use it as an accompaniment whenever you wish. Here’s it quick and sorted recipe
Mango Chilli BBQ Sauce
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Onion - ½ cup
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Ripe Mango - 2 cup ( Peeled and chopped )
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Dark brown sugar - ¼ cup
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce - ¼ cup
- Red chilli - 2-3
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper - ½ tsp
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic and ginger and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mango, tomato ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and red chilli and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and cook for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let the mixture cool.
- Blend the mixture to make a smooth sauce.
- Use as and when required.