Mango Chilli Sauce is yummy spread or accompaniment that you must relish during summer! Read my recipe and prepare it! Here is how to make Mango Chilli Sauce.
About the recipe
Mango Chilli Sauce combines the best of two flavors. It is sweet and spicy which makes it an interesting combination that one cannot resist at all. Along with chillies and mangoes, I have used olive oil to saute the ingredients so that Mango Chilli Sauce gets an authentic flavor of olive oil.
Plus a tad of sugar, lemon juice, bay leaves, salt and garlic lend a nice retouch to this flavorful Mango Chilli Sauce. Use Mango Chilli Sauce for making a tasty sandwich or use it as a spread, here’s an ultra simple recipe for making Mango Chilli Sauce right at your home.
I usually combine it with some mayonnaise and use as a spread for my sandwiches, add it my salads for that extra kick and use as dipping sauce with appetizers.
Mango Chilli Sauce
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ cup Onion (Chopped)
- 3-4 cloves Garlic
- 2 Bay leaf
- 1-2 Fresh Red chilli (Chopped)
- 2 cups Mango puree
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tsp Red chilli flakes
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, red chill and mango puree and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and lemon juice and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and cool the mixture.
- Discard the bay leaf.
- Blend the sauce in a blender to make a smooth sauce.
- Mix cornflour in water.
- Add the sauce in a pan.
- Add the cornflour water and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chilli flakes and cook for another minute
- Transfer the sauce in a glass jar and store in refrigerator for up to a month.