You definitely can’t say no to this super refreshing mango cucumber salsa this summer! Serve it with nachos, add to your tacos or just use it as a topping on your grilled meat recipes. It is vegan, paleo 30, and gluten-free and comes together in 10 minutes.
Salsa is one of those recipes, that is perfect to make for your game nights or get-togethers, as they taste great with nachos & tortilla chips. So here are some more salsa recipes that you can try – Mango Habanero Salsa, Roasted Fresh Tomato Salsa, Black Bean, and Corn Salsa, Chunky Cucumber Salsa and Balsamic Strawberry Salsa.
About This Recipe
Mango cucumber salsa is a crowd-pleaser appetizer recipe that comes together in 10 minutes and is prepared with minimal ingredients. This vegan, gluten-free, and whole 30 approved salsa is probably the best appetizer to serve with nachos and tortilla chips this summer season.
Along with juicy and sweet mangoes, it also has cucumber, onions, Jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt. While mangoes add a tangy-sweet taste, all the other ingredients combined add a spicy, tart, and refreshing flavor that makes this simple and easy salsa bursting with bomb flavors.
This Mango Cucumber Salsa is,
- Sweet + Tangy + Spicy
- Vegan & Gluten-Free
- Whole 30 + Paleo
- Low Fat
- Easy to make
- Perfect for Summers
Mango and cucumber salsa is a breeze to make and the ingredients are super simple. It only needs 6 ingredients – ripe mango, cucumber, onion, Jalapeno, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt.
Use ripe and juicy mangoes like Champagne mangoes, Florida mangoes, or Indian mangoes like Alphonso.
The jalapeno adds that perfect spicy kick, that complements the sweet tangy flavor of mango really well. Remove the seeds before chopping them.
Onion and cucumber add a nice crunch along with adding taste. Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best and refreshing flavor.
Use fresh and green cilantro leaves and not the wilted ones.
You can add tomatoes as well in the salsa. If adding, then remove as many seeds from tomatoes as possible.
How to make Mango Cucumber Salsa?
Add 1 cup (approx 1 large) peeled and cubed ripe mangoes, 1 medium peeled and cubed cucumber, ½ chopped red onion, 1-2 chopped jalapeno (seeds removed), ¼ cup cilantro (packed), 1 tablespoon lemon juice and salt to taste to a food processor.
Pulse a few times so that everything comes together. Do not over mix.
Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator for the flavors to blend. Serve with nachos or chips.
Pro Tips By Neha
- Try to dice the veggies into equal size pieces. This will give your salsa a neat look. You can use a mandolin slicer to do this job.
- Salsa tastes best when made fresh. You can let it rest for 30 minutes for the flavors to come together.
- Never blend the salsa in a blender. Always use a food processor to make it. If made in a blender, it will turn into a puree.
Mango and cucumber salsa is one of the most loved appetizers at my home, which we like to enjoy with nachos, tortilla chips, veggies slices, crackers on a game or movie night. I also love to add it to my tacos or wraps, as it adds a nice tangy-sweet flavor.
You can also serve it on the top of your grilled chicken, fish, or even veggies, or just take a spoon and enjoy it as a snack on its own. Yum!
You can even add the leftovers to your salads, to get that sweet tart flavour in it.
You can’t store a salsa for long, no matter which salsa it is. It should be served fresh! You can keep it aside or refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour so that the flavors blend really well.
But in case you have leftovers, store them in an air-tight container in the fridge and consume them within a day. Mix it well before serving again.
You might also like
Mango Cucumber Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup peeled and cubed ripe mangoes
- 1 cup medium cucumber (peeled and cubed)
- ½ red onion (chopped)
- 1-2 Jalapeno (chopped, seeds removed)
- ¼ cup cilantro (packed)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Add 1 cup (approx 1 large) peeled and cubed ripe mangoes, 1 medium peeled and cubed cucumber, ½ chopped red onion, 1-2 chopped jalapeno (seeds removed), ¼ cup cilantro (packed), 1 tablespoon lemon juice and salt to taste to a food processor.
- Pulse a few times so that everything comes together. Do not over-mix.
- Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes in the refrigerator for the flavors to blend. Serve with nachos or chips.