Mango Mastani is a popular Mango Drink sold in Pune. It’s basically Mango milkshake topped with ice cream and dry fruits. Here is how to make Mango Mastani Recipe at home.
When I moved to Pune last year, everyone I asked for must try dishes here talked about Mango Mastani and that too from Sujata Mastani or Gujjar Cold Drinks.
I had never heard of this drink or as some call it dessert before. So I wasted no time and landed at Sujata Mastani one fine day.
On ordering my Mastani Drink, what came to me was basically a thick mango milkshake topped with ice cream and dry fruits.
It was delicious and refreshing and the shop had many flavours on offer.
There was Sitaphal Mastani, Pineapple Mastani, Vanilla Mastani, Orange and Rose Mastani, Pista Mastani, Chocolate Mastani and Mango Mastani to name a few.
I went for Mango Mastani and got my glass loaded with fresh mango pulp mixed with chilled milk and topped with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
There were chopped mangoes, glazed cherries and tutti frutti on top too.
The dish resembled a lot like Mango Falooda which has a few more ingredients as compared to Mastani but both are refreshing an dare loaded with fresh fruit juice, milk and ice cream.
Now that I knew what actually goes in that glass, It was quite easy to recreate the recipe at home and here is the recipe to make Mango Mastani for you all.
As some people say, Mastani Drink is named after Queen Mastani, wife of Peshwa ruler Bajirao.
Earlier it was made using egg whites but with time, egg white was left behind and now what is served in most stores is a pure vegetarian version.
You might also like
Mango Mastani Recipe
- 2 cups Ripe Mango (Peeled and cubed)
- 1 cup Full Fat Milk
- 2 scoop Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 scoop Vanilla or Mango Ice Cream
- 1 teaspoon Almonds (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Pistachio (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Tutti Frutti (Optional)
- 2 Glazed cherries (Optional)
- 2 tablespoon Mango (Chopped)
- Add mango cubes, milk, vanilla ice cream and sugar in a blender and blend well.
- Pour the shake in 2 tall glasses.
- Top with scoops of vanilla or mango ice cream.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios and almonds.
- Garnish with tutti frutti, mango cubes and glazed cherries.
- Serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!