Mango Mousse Cake is a succulent assortment crafted using mangoes and tender chocolate genoise. As it’s summer and mangoes are readily available you can make Mango Mousse Cake whenever you want.
This is the most amazing dessert, I have ever eaten. Soft and spongy chocolate genoise covered with a layer of OH-SO-MELT-IN-YOUR-MOUTH mango mousse ,wrapped with a chocolate collar. What else can you ask?
I am yet to store mango puree this year but as I had some left out from the previous year, I thought of using it up. And I am so glad I did. Do give this recipe a try this summer. Ideal for serving as a dessert or during high tea, Mango Mousse Cake makes my heart beat faster to taste it whenever I bake it. And I am sure you would love it too! You may make Kesar Mango Kulfi if you like relishing a desi dessert!
Have a look at the recipe Mango Mousse Cake, bake it with love and trust me, it is going to turn out super delicious. For more foodie updates, do follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and keep learning more cooking hacks!
You might also like
Equipment required: Springform pan, parchment paper, Mixing Bowl
Mango Mousse Cake
For the chocolate genoise
- 3 tablespoon Clarified butter (If not available, use normal butter)
- ⅓ cup All purpose flour (keep additional 1 tbsp)
- ⅓ cup Cocoa Powder (keep additional 1 tbsp)
- 4 Eggs (at room temperature)
- ⅔ cups Sugar
For the soaking syrup
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua (or you can dissolve a teaspoon of coffee powder in a tablespoon of water)
For the mango mousse
- 2 & ½ teaspoon Gelatin powder
- 4 tablespoon Water
- 250 gms Mango Puree (I made my own puree, but you can buy it from any store)
- 4 tablespoon Sugar (if using store bought puree, use a little less sugar )
- 250 gms Fresh cream
For the mango jelly
- 250 gms Mango Puree
- 2 tablespoon Sugar (only if using homemade puree)
- 1 tablespoon Gelatin
- 3 tablespoon Water
For the chocolate genoise
- Grease and flour 3 , 6 inch springform pans.
- Line the pans with parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Sift all purpose flour and cocoa powder together.
- Add eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk to mix together.
- Keep the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk constantly , till the egg and sugar mixture is warm to touch.
- Make sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water and water should not boil, just simmer.
- When the mixture is warm, remove the bowl from the pan and whisk with a blender till it triples in volume.
- Add ⅓ rd of the flour to the bowl and fold gently to incorporate it.
- Fold the rest of the flour in two more additions.
- Spoon, 1 cup of batter in the bowl which had melted butter and fold with a spatula.
- Fold this mixture in the remaining batter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pans equally.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan completely.
- Remove from the pan.
- You can wrap this cake in a cling wrap and refrigerate it for 2 days or freeze for 3 months.
For the soaking syrup
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and set aside
For the mango mousse
- Mix gelatin with water and stir well
- Heat mango puree and sugar in a pan, just until warm
- Add the gelatin and mix well, till it is completely dissolved
- Remove from heat and cool
- Whip the fresh cream till soft peak forms
- Gently fold the cooled mango puree in the whipped cream
For the mango jelly
- Mix gelatin with water and stir well.
- Heat mango puree ( and sugar ) in a pan, just until warm.
- Add the gelatin and mix well, till it is completely dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Keep the Genoise on the plate you want to serve it on.
- Cut a strip of parchment paper and wrap it around the cake.
- Secure the parchment paper with tape.
- Put the ring of the springform pan around it.
- Brush the cake with ⅓ rd of the soaking syrup.
- Pour ⅓ rd of the mango mousse over the cake and let it set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours ( make the mousse just when you have to pour it ).
- Pour ⅓ rd of the mango jelly on top of the mango mousse ( make the jelly just when you have to pour it ).
- Let it set in refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Assemble the other 2 cakes in the same way.
- Remove the cake from the Refrigerator and decorate as you want.
- Serve chilled.
The most gorgeous Mango mousse cake of recent times..Too good…Now am craving to have some mangoes in this offseason. Btw how did you decorate the outer layer of chocolate zigzag pattern?
Hey…Thanx a lot for the appreciation….
To make the chocolate collar, cut a stripe of parchment paper, the width of the cake…Lay it on a baking sheet…Melt the chocolate and fill it in a piping bag, fitted with a plain tip….Make designs on the paper and chill it for few minutes…Remove the parchment from the sheet and wrap it around the cake….Chill till the chocolate is hardened…Pull off the parchment paper gently…Thats it…
It is bit of a work, but worth the efforts..
I have tried this cake many times and it’s just delicate delicious and perfect
This looks so professionally done, Neha, very impressive! I’m a big fan of mangoes too:-)
looks really yummy..
Looks so perfectly done. Would love to have a bite…
I will get bankrupt if i have to go and buy mangoes here 🙂
Wow, this is a masterpiece! How gorgeous! And I love the idea of using clarified butter in baking. So far I only used it in cooking. I am really curious to try.
Just cant take my eyes from that fantastic,attractive cake,beautiful.
hi neha, how have you been doing.. this mango cake looks soooo delicious, especially with the chocolates and strawberries..haa makes me hungry now
May I know how long can I store this in the refrigerator and freezer?
You can store it in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.I don’t think freezing is a good idea for this cake.
Such a stunner
omg….its the best mango mousse cake i have evr seen…
will give it a try
I hve one questn regarding gelatin which brand to buy??
Totally amazing cake! What patience, Neha! Its just spectacular!
Hi.. this is one of the most gorgeous desserts I have ever seen! Hats off to you. I’m going to try this out but have a couple of questions as I’m new to baking/cooking.
1) how do you use the 2tbs gelatin.. soak it in equal warm water or something?
2) if I’m making the puree at home then any specific variety of mangoes to use? And mango puree is just mangoes mashed right?
3) and fresh cream is like home made malai or amul cream would do?
I hope this is not too much of a bother!! Would be grateful if you reply
Hey Zara. I am glad you liked the cake 🙂
I have specified how to use gelatin. Just follow the recipe.
Any sweet mango is fine. Blend it in a blender to make a smooth puree. You can also use canned purees.
I used milky mist cream, but I think amul will work as well.
I hope this will help. Don’t hesitate to clear your doubts.
It looks super yummy..I have ready the cake n it goes perfect in first attempt. I wil make mousse n jelly tomorrow n hoping that it goes same as urz . I m so excited:). Can u tell if I use egg white rather then gelatine? N wat will b the ratio. I vl share the pic when it vl b ready soon.
Hi thanx for the recipies.I’am going to try.
was wondering if i can bake it in one 8 or 9 inch springform pan instead?
x Tina. A 9 inch tin sounds ok.
thank you so much for replying and recipe. made it and love it! it’s AMAZING!
Loved your receipe.. I finally had the courage to try this out as i had a tin of Alfonso mango puree sitting in my refrigerator and the outcome has come out so good, wish i could send you a picture of it… Thanks a lot for sharing this awesome receipe.. God Bless you..
Awesme cake neha ….worth the effort
superb neha. csn i know where do you get ingredients in bangalore for baking?
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! Made it for my daughter’s birthday and it was the best mango mousse cake I’ve ever had! Everyone loved it! I bought frozen mango chunks to make the purée as it’s not mango season right now. And I usually have to cut the sugar in my cake recipes, but this was perfect the way it is written. This is a keeper!
Thanks for your kind comments Kathy.
This recipe makes 3 6″ cakes? Will it still work if I cut the recipe in half to make say 1 9″ cake? My waistline can’t handle 3 cakes
You can do it Sisinpacific
Looks beautiful, I will try out this, hope to get the cake done right 😉 Thanks for sharing this cake recipe.
This recipe looks wonderful and we have a ton of ripe mangos that we need to use! One question though the above recipe does not give directions on how to make the Chocolate Genoise it only list the ingredients to make it. What is listed under the heading in the directions for Chocolate Genoise is to make the cake. Would you please list the directions to make the Chocolate Genoise?
Chocolate cake is the chocolate Genoise recipe
Love that…A LOT!!! Haven’t had for a long time now, maybe can get for my birthday.
Just want to say thank you for the recipe! I’ve made this twice by following the recipe to the dot and it came out perfect both times! And I usually have to cut the sugar in all dessert recipes, but this was the perfect sweetness as is. Very delicious and very presentable! Thanks again!
Thnx a lot for trying and leaving a comment here. Much appreciate 🙂
Well done Neha. Very beautiful cake. Worthy to be put on the shelf of a professional bakery. Am going to try it as soon as I get some good canned mango.
Hi Neha, this recipe looks amazing! I was just wondering if it can be made a day in advance? Cheers!
Yes Duni. You can make it in advance.
Without baking powder it can be a soft and fluffy cake?? Please reply.I want to make it very soon..BT this doubt is disturbing me.. Pls reply ma’am..and your cake is just perfect..very easy and delicious….. Thanks for the recipe…
Hi Shinjeeny. It’s a mouse cake. Very different from a regular sponge cake. It is not soft and fluffy. It’s mousse like.
But trust me it’s very very tasty.
Hi – i really want to try this recipe but don’t have any 6 inch cake pans. What would the ingredient ratios be if I wanted to make one in a 8 inch pan? thanks!
You can make the same recipe in an 8 inch pan.
I would like to do this recipe for my cooking exam. So when i pour the mousse on the cake, do i need to let it set for 2 hours before i pour the jelly?
Yes, you have to so that it sets nicely.
This recipe looks amazing. Please could you recommend a vegetarian alternative to gelatin ? And will the proportions remain the same ? Thanks neha
Yoy can use Agar Agar in the same proportion
Hi instead of the Cbocolate Genoise cake can I make it plain. I guess I do not put the cocoa powder. Would like to make it for Easter. Thank you.
Yes sure, you can.