Mango Sandesh is a Mango twist of the classic Bengali sweet Sondesh. It is made by making fresh chenna and flavoring of mango puree. Here is how to make Mango Sandesh at home.
Summer has arrived with fresh and flavorful mangoes. And I all busy planning to make mango-ish recipes every day. So, for today, I have given a mangoish twist to succulent Sandesh and prepared it as Mango Sandesh instead!
They came out super creamy and soft and melted in our mouths. Moreover, they were really easy to make. The thing that should be kept in mind while making Sandesh is to mash the Chenna or Panner nicely with the heels of your hands till it is smooth and silky. Everything else for this recipe of Mango Sandesh is otherwise sorted and streamlined.
Here is the recipe to make delicious Mango Sandesh this summer. I recommend that you should even make Mango Ice Cream if your love for mangoes and desserts is as deep as mine. To learn more summer hacks and new recipes, do follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at your ease.
Also, if you have any doubts about recipes or ingredients, you could buzz me through your comments or tweets, I will make sure to be there for you all!
- 1 pinch Saffron
- 1 and ½ litre Full cream milk
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ cup Powdered sugar
- ¼ cup Milk powder
- 1 cup Mango puree
- Pistachio slivers and silver foil for garnishing
- Soak saffron in a teaspoon of milk.
- Keep aside.
- Boil milk in a heavy-bottom pan.
- When it starts to boil, simmer the heat and add lemon juice.
- The milk with curdle.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain the milk in a cheese cloth and collect the paneer.
- Hold the cheese cloth under running water and wash the paneer to get rid of lemony taste and smell.
- Hang the cheese cloth from a support to get rid of excess water for about an hour.
- Remove the paneer from the cheese cloth and mash it with the heels of your hands till it is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar and mash for another 2 minutes.
- Add the panner in a non stick pan.
- Add mango puree and milk powder.
- Mix nicely and cook on medium heat for around 10 -12 minutes, till the mixtures thickens and starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Cool the mixture.
- Make small balls from the mixture and flatten them a bit.
- Brush the milk with saffron on top of the sandesh.
- Sprinkle slivered pistachios on top.
- Garnish with silver foil.
Make plain sandesh all the time, now will try this one. Visit me too when you feel like it.
Neha they look delicious 🙂 I am drooling here!