Homemade Marinara Sauce is quick and rather easy to make at home, and tastes immensely better than the store bought one. Try this recipe and thank me later. Here is how to make Marinara Sauce.
Homemade Marinara Sauce is quick and rather easy to make, and tastes immensely better than the store bought one. What’s more, it can be stored and used in everything, from pizzas to galette base. The sauce is also great considering how much our children are used to enjoying fast food, which can now be prepared at home, and is healthy and nutritious.
An Italian sauce that originated in Naples, Marinara Sauce is made using tomatoes, onions, herbs and garlic. Unlike the tomato sauce, marinara beautifully blends onions, tomatoes and herbs to create a soft, tasty base that goes well with bread and cheese.
Marinara Sauce is used in Italian Baked Eggs recipe, as well as a base for pizzas or pasta sauce. Here is how to make Marinara Sauce.
Marinara Sauce Recipe
Homemade Marinara Sauce is quick and rather easy to make at home, and tastes immensely better than the store bought one.
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1/4 cup Onion Minced
- 2 Bay Leaf
- 1 kg Ripe Red Tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil Chopped
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt, sugar, oregano, black pepper and basil and cook the sauce for 50 - 60 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Discard the bay leaves once the sauce is cooked..
- Adjust the salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cool the sauce and refrigerate for up to a week.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.