Marinated Feta Cheese which is made by marinating Feta cheese with olive oil and herbs has a beautifully texture and goes well with crackers and salads. Here is how to make marinated feta cheese.
There are many types of Cheese such as Mozzarella, Cheddar which we use in our everyday Continental cooking, Feta is also such a versatile creamy cheese which is popularly used in Greek cuisine, but can be used in other Continental recipes too.
Learn how to make this quick and easy Marinated Feta Cheese which will get ready under 10 minutes. Here is how to make Marinated Feta Cheese recipe.
About the recipe
Impressive and incredibly simple Marinated Feta Cheese is a flavorful recipe, where Feta Cheese is marinated with olive oil and fresh herbs such as Rosemary, Dill Leaves and Thyme. Spices such as crushed black pepper and red chili flakes are added, to give a hint of spiciness to this marinated feta cheese recipe.
Also add some Green or Black Olives, if you want to make a delicious appetizer. You can just dd this on an open toast or a cracker and it is ready. It is so fast and easy, you can have it on the table within 10 minutes of walking in the door.
It is also a great way to preserve Feta Cheese for a longer time, because this marinated Feta Cheese stays good in an air tight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Whereas, if you open the Feta Cheese once, it gets spoiled in a few days.
So if you have some leftover Feta Cheese, this is a great idea to preserve it and it also makes great appetizer. If you have some leftover olive oil marination after the Feta cheese cubes, then use it as a dressing for your salads.
Where can you use it?
- Using a marinated Feta Cheese can be really interesting and you can do it many ways such as:
- Use the marinated feta on the top of crackers and biscuits, it makes for a delicious and quick appetizers for your dinner parties and also goes really well with your beverages.
- Use the marinated Feta Cheese cubes or crumble it and add it to your salads. The soft cheese adds a tenderness to the salad, while the marination adds a great flavor.
- You can also use the marinated Feta Cheese to your stir fried vegetables or add them to your Vegetables Sandwich or Open Toasts.
- You can also use it inside a savory pastry.
You might also like
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300 g Feta cheese (Cut into cubes)
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill
- 5-6 sprigs Fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Crushed black pepper
- Take a clean sterilised jar and fill it with feta cubes.
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, dill, thyme, red chilli flakes and black pepper in a bowl.
- Keep adding this mixture as you layer the feta in the jar.
- Top up the jar with more olive oil until the cheese is submerged in oil.
- Refrigerate the jar and use within 2 weeks.