Marinated Feta Cheese, is a simple Persian recipe where feta cheese is marinated with olive oil and herbs that has a beautiful texture and goes well with crackers and salads.
Here are a few more recipes, where you can use Feta Cheese – Watermelon Feta Salad and Jalapeno Garlic Feta Dip.
About This Recipe
Impressive and incredibly simple Persian Marinated Feta Cheese is a flavorful recipe, where Feta Cheese is marinated with olive oil and fresh herbs such as Rosemary, Dill Leaves and Thyme.
Spices such as crushed black pepper and red chili flakes are added, to give a hint of spiciness.
You can also add some Green or Black Olives, if you want to make a delicious appetiser. You can just add this mixture on an open toast or a cracker and it is ready. It is so fast and easy, you can have it on the table within 10 minutes of walking in the door.
It is also a great way to preserve Feta Cheese for a long time because this marinated Feta stays good in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Whereas, if you open the Feta Cheese once, it gets spoiled in a few days.
So if you have some leftover Feta Cheese, this is a great idea to preserve it and it also makes great appetiser. If you have some leftover olive oil marination after the Feta cheese cubes, then use it as a dressing for your salads.
This dish is,
- Full of flavour
- Loaded with fresh herbs
- Easy & Quick
- A nice way to store feta for longer time
Oil – Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil. It is very important to use a good quality one, as the cheap one can really hamper the taste of the cheese.
Feta Cheese – Use Feta Cheese cubes in this marination. Also, feta cubes stays for longer when mixed with this marination.
You can either make Feta Cheese at home or use the store bought one.
Fresh Herbs – We will use fresh herbs for this olive oil marination. Use fresh thyme, fresh dill and fresh rosemary.
Red Chilli Flakes – To add that much needed spice, add in some red chilli flakes.
Black Pepper – To add more heat, add in black pepper along with red chilli flakes.
You can also add in lemon juice, for that extra tanginess.
Step By Step Recipe
Take a clean sterilised jar and fill it with feta cubes.
Add olive oil, rosemary, red chili flakes, and black pepper in the jar.
Top up the jar with more olive oil until the cheese is submerged in oil. Close the jar and shake it to get the ingredients mixed.
Refrigerate the jar and use within 2 weeks.
- Using marinated Feta can be really interesting and you can do it many ways such as:
- Use it on the top of crackers and biscuits, it makes for a delicious and quick appetizer for your dinner parties and also goes really well with your beverages.
- Crumble the cheese cubes and add them to your salads. The soft cheese adds a tenderness to the salad, while the marination adds a great flavor.
- You can also add it to your stir-fried vegetables or add to your Vegetable Sandwich or Open Toasts. It works great in Greek Omelette.
- You can also use it inside a savory pastry.
This marinated cheese stays good in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2 to 3 weeks. Do not store it at room temperature.
You might also like
Marinated Feta Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 300 g Feta cheese (Cut into cubes)
- 2-3 sprigs Fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon Red chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon Crushed black pepper
- Mix olive oil, rosemary, red chilli flakes and black pepper in a bowl.
- Take a clean sterilised jar and fill it with feta cubes.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the cheese.
- Top up the jar with more olive oil until the cheese is submerged in oil.
- Refrigerate the jar and use within 2 weeks.
I love marinated Feta and this looks so good! I’ve never made it before but this looks so easy and delicious I’ll have to give it a shot 🙂
Do try it Amy. You will definitely love it.