Methi Makai Malai or Fenugreek and corn in a creamy gravy is a very rich and creamy dish made with fresh fenugreek leaves and sweet corn kernels. You can either use fresh corn kernels or use frozen one. Fresh fenugreek is preferred but if you don’t have access to fresh leaves, use dried leaves. Here is the recipe.
Methi Makai Malai
- 3 tablespoon Oil
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Black cardamom
- 4 Black peppercorns
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Tomato puree
- 8 Cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon Yogurt
- 2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ cup Methi leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup Corn kernels (boiled till soft )
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cloves, black cardamom, black peppercorn, cinnamon, cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Fry for 10 seconds.
- Add onion and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry till onion turns golden brown
- Add tomato puree and cook for a minute.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Add cashew nuts and blend the mixture in a blender to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the paste with ½ cup of water.
- Add yogurt and cook for a minute.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and cook for a minute.
- Add fenugreek leaves and corn kernels.
- Add milk and cook for 4-5 minute on low heat.
- Add lemon juice, sugar and cream and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot with naan or laccha paratha.