Mughlai Murgh Korma
Mughlai Murgh Korma / Chicken in Rich Mughlai Style Gravy
A rich gravy of chicken which is best to serve for your dinner party
- 1 and 1/2 kgs Chicken
- 2 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Ghee or oil
- 2 cups Onion Thinly sliced
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 2-3 Black cardamom
- 5-6 Cloves
- 8-10 Black peppercorns
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 inch Javitri
- 2 inch Ginger
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 3 tbsp Fresh coconut Grated
- 1 Green chili
- 1 and 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1 tsp Maida
- 1 tsp White pepper powder
- 2 and 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 and 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinch Saffron
- 8-10 drops Kewra essence
- 1 tsp Rose water
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- Wash the chicken and apply vinegar on it.
- Keep aside for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onions and 1/2 tsp salt and fry on medium heat till golden brown
- Remove on a plate through a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan, add bay leaves, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, peppercorn, cinnamon and javitri.
- Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and fry on high heat for 5-7 minutes till slightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a grinder, grind the fried onions, ginger, garlic, grated coconut, almonds and green chili to make a smooth paste.
- Use little water if requires to grind.
- Add the ground masala to the pan once the chicken is browned.
- Whisk yogurt with maida and add it to the pan.
- Add salt, white pepper powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and saffron to the pan.
- Add a cup of water and let the chicken cook for almost an hour on low heat.
- Add kewra essence, rose water, garam masala, lemon juice and fresh cream and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with Naan or Zaafrani pilaf.