Mughlai Murgh Korma is a traditional Mughlai recipe. It has a rich and creamy gravy made with coconut and almonds. Mughlai Murgh Korma is not only a family favourite but I love making it for the fact that it makes me feel all satisfied as a food enthusiast.
The detailing of the cooking process for Mughlai Murgh Korma is so intricate and soul soothing that whenever my family or friend talk about Mughlai cuisine, the first thought in my mind comes for Mughlai Murgh Korma only, ha!
The thing about Mughlai cuisine it is royal and it makes you feel stately every time you relish it, so yes, Mughlai Murgh Korma soothes your soul. Mughlai Murgh Korma can be served with any of the Indian flatbreads.
Mughlai Murgh Korma
Loved this recipe?Click here to leave a review and give us a five star rating ★★★★★
Mughlai Murgh Korma / Chicken in Rich Mughlai Style Gravy
A rich gravy of chicken which is best to serve for your dinner partyPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 8 people
- 1 and ½ kgs Chicken
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- ¼ cup Ghee or oil
- 2 cups Onion (Thinly sliced)
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 2-3 Black cardamom
- 5-6 Cloves
- 8-10 Black peppercorns
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 inch Javitri
- 2 inch Ginger
- 8-10 cloves Garlic
- ¼ cup Almonds
- 3 tablespoon Fresh coconut (Grated)
- 1 Green chili
- 1 and ½ cup Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Maida
- 1 teaspoon White pepper powder
- 2 and ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 and ½ teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 pinch Saffron
- 8-10 drops Kewra essence
- 1 teaspoon Rose water
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Fresh cream
- Wash the chicken and apply vinegar on it.
- Keep aside for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onions and ½ teaspoon salt and fry on medium heat till golden brown
- Remove on a plate through a slotted spoon.
- In the same pan, add bay leaves, green cardamom, black cardamom, cloves, peppercorn, cinnamon and javitri.
- Fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and fry on high heat for 5-7 minutes till slightly browned.
- Meanwhile in a grinder, grind the fried onions, ginger, garlic, grated coconut, almonds and green chili to make a smooth paste.
- Use little water if requires to grind.
- Add the ground masala to the pan once the chicken is browned.
- Whisk yogurt with maida and add it to the pan.
- Add salt, white pepper powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and saffron to the pan.
- Add a cup of water and let the chicken cook for almost an hour on low heat.
- Add kewra essence, rose water, garam masala, lemon juice and fresh cream and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot with Naan or Zaafrani pilaf.
Calories: 562kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 191mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 624IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 3mg
Pin this recipe for later use!I LOVE to see your creations so pin and mention @WhiskAffair!
Sign up for regular updates?I would love to have you as part of my journey. Click to sign up!
Send me recipes with English names of species