Murgh Malai Tikka is a unique recipe that I love making during BBQ evenings. Achari Paneer Tikka is no doubt loved by one and all, but chicken skewers are any day more appealing for the taste buds of hardcore non-vegetarians. As I had used chicken many times for making Tikka, I thought of making it differently this time. I had read somewhere that the combination of chicken and cream turns out to be really delicious and some of my BFFs asserted the same. So, I prepared Murgh Malai Tikka the other day. In order to make tender Murgh Malai Tikka, I used chicken breasts and its marination was made using fresh cream, hung curd and other basic ingredients of a marinade. If you feel interested then you can even add a pinch of saffron, lemon juice to give a yummy twist to Murgh Malai Tikka.
Once the marinade of cream, yogurt is all set, all you need are skewers and a grill pan. While serving guests, you can keep the base of Murgh Malai Tikka ready and then just grill them when you feel like. Here’s a quick recipe for making Murgh Malai Tikka, do prepare it soon and make your loved ones super happy!
Murgh Malai Tikka
- Chicken breasts - 4 cut into small pieces
- Hung curd - 2 tbsp Tie curd in a muslin cloth for 1 hour. If your curd is thin, the other ingredients will not stick to the chicken pieces and flavor will be compromised
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Saffron - a pinch
- Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Butter - 2 tbsp melted
- Cornflour - 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Cheddar cheese - 1 tbsp grated
- Oil for basting
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
- Thread the chicken pieces on the skewers.
- Heat a grill pan ( or a normal pan ) and cook the chicken skewers from both the sides till slightly browned.
- You can brush the skewers with very little oil.
- Serve hot with coriander and yogurt tip.