Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla is a sizzling combination of Pizzas and Quesadillas. Pizza filling wrapped inside a flour tortilla makes for an amazing dinner time recipe which even the kids will look forward to. The filling of mushrooms and bell peppers wrapped inside gooey cheese and flavorful tomato sauce is just too good to resist. Making pizzas at home definitely takes in a lot of time, however, when you have a stock of tortillas ready at your disposal, wrapping them up into a crunchy, soft, Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla turns quite easy. As I have this habit of preparing flour tortillas in advance and storing them in a refrigerator, it saves me a lot of time when I feel like preparing Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla for my kid's supper.
If you want to make them more attractive and tempting, you could use Homemade Spinach Tortillas while preparing Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla. They would taste superb and even have this nice green colour which would tempt kids to eat spinach, ha! Munch on Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla as a starter or serve them as a surprise during breakfast, everyone's who eats them turns into their big-time fan, I bet! Here's a quick recipe for making Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla at home, save it:
Mushroom and Bell Pepper Pizzadilla
Mushroom and Bell pepper PizzadillaRecipe to make pizza Sauce is here
- Flour tortillas - 4 - 5
- Pizza sauce - 4 tbsp
- Cheddar cheese - 2 cups ( Grated )
- Mozzarella cheese - 2 cups ( Grated )
- Olive oil for brushing on top
- For the filling
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 tsp ( chopped )
- Mushroom - 200 g ( chopped )
- Red bell pepper - 1 ( Chopped )
- Yellow bell pepper - 1 ( Chopped )
- Salt to taste
- Dried oregano - 1 tsp
- Dried rosemary - 1 tsp
- Dried thyme - 1 tsp
- To make the filling
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add mushroom, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper.
- Fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and dried herbs.
- Fry for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Let the filling cool a little bit.
- Heat a griddle.
- Keep a flour tortilla on the griddle.
- Apply 1 tbsp of pizza sauce on the tortilla.
- Keep some cheddar cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Top with some filling.
- Top the filling with some Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the tortilla into half.
- Brush little olive oil on the tortilla and turn it over.
- Brush olive oil on other side as well.
- Press the tortilla with the back of a ladle and cook till it is slightly browned and the cheese inside is melted.
- Serve hot with sour cream .