Try this easy and delicious Pizzadilla, where flour tortillas are filled with a spicy veggie pizza filling. Serve it with sour cream for breakfast, snack or dinner. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Pizzadilla is a delicious cross between two of my favourite foods – pizza and quesadillas. It is easy to make, unique and tastes just like pizza.
Flour tortillas are filled with a spicy pizza filling prepared with mushrooms, bell peppers, cheese and a flavourful tomato sauce. It is then toasted from both the side on a flat griddle/pan until golden brown. Serve with sour cream on the side for breakfast, snack or a light dinner.
Tortilla – You can either make tortilla at home or use a store bought one. If you want to give it a twist, then try this homemade spinach tortilla instead of the regular ones.
Pizza Sauce – I prefer to use homemade pizza sauce, but to make it a little faster you can even go for the store bought pizza sauce.
Cheese – I use a combination of cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese, to make it extra cheesy. You can make it only with mozzarella as well.
Oil – Use good quality olive oil to toast the pizzadilla.
Filling – Make the filling with olive oil, garlic, mushroom, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, salt, oregano, rosemary and thyme. You can add in more veggies such as onions, baby corn, corn kernels etc to make it wholesome.
Pizzadilla can be enjoyed for breakfast, snack or even light dinner. Serve with a sour cream or any creamy dip on the side. You can even pack it in school lunch box, as it is enjoyed by kids as well.
Serve it immediately once you toast the pizzadilla, as it won’t taste great once it becomes cold. You can prepare the flour tortilla and filling and store in the refrigerator in advance, and toast it at the time of serving. The pizza filling will last in the refrigerator for about 3-4 days in an air tight container.
Mushroom Bell Pepper Pizzadella
- 4 Flour Tortillas
- 4 tablespoon Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 2 cups Mozarella Cheese (Grated)
- Olive Oil (For brushing on top)
For the filling
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoon Garlic (Chopped)
- 2– g Mushroom (Chopped)
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Chopped)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (Chopped)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dry Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dry Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Dry Thyme
For the filling
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add mushroom, red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper.
- Fry on high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt and dried herbs.
- Fry for a minute.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Let the filling cool a little bit.
- Heat a griddle.
- Keep a flour tortilla on the griddle.
- Apply 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on the tortilla.
- Keep some cheddar cheese on one half of the tortilla.
- Top with some filling.
- Top the filling with some Mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the tortilla into half.
- Brush little olive oil on the tortilla and turn it over.
- Brush olive oil on other side as well.
- Press the tortilla with the back of a ladle and cook till it is slightly browned and the cheese inside is melted.
- Serve hot with sour cream .