During weddings, along with these, dry fruit slivers are arranged on a big thaal or a plate and is sent to the groom’s family as a token to mark the beginning of the celebration. Nariyal Ki Barfi is soft, gooey and ambrosial.
Also, it is so easy to make that I end up making a batch of this treats and store them. While preparing Nariyal Ki Barfi, just make sure to keep the consistency of sugar syrup in check and you will nail this recipe.
Here is how to make this simple yet very delicious Nariyal Ki Barfi, hurry, read its recipe and get started to prepare it at home: It’s been really long since I made some Indian sweet after Lauki Ki Kheer.
As I have a sweet tooth, I believe you don’t need to wait for a festival or an occasion to indulge yourself with a sweet.
Having said that, today, I present an easy to make recipe of delicious Nariyal Ki Barfi. Nariyal ki Barfi or Coconut Fudge is a must make sweet for almost any occasion you could imagine in the Mathur clan.
It is also called Pili Barfi as it is yellow in color. Nariyal Ki Barfi is decked with silver foil, saffron strands, which makes it more rich and toothsome.
Nariyal ki Barfi / Indian Coconut Fudge
- 3 cups Coconut (Freshly Grated)
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Yellow food color
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 200 gms Khoya
- Dry fruits slivers (silver foil and saffron strands for garnishing)
- Grease a 9 inch pan with ghee.
- Keep aside.
- Heat khoya in a pan.
- Fry till pinkish in color.
- Keep aside.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan.
- Cook till the sugar dissolves and the syrup reaches a 2 string consistency.
- Do not swirl while the sugar syrup is cooking.
- Add yellow food color and cardamom powder.
- Meanwhile, add ghee in a pan.
- Add grated coconut and fry on medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add khoya and sugar syrup and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Let the barfi set for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into small pieces.
- Garnish with dry fruits slivers, silver foil and saffron strand.
- Note – If your Barfi is not setting and is too soft, just microwave the mixture for 3-4 minutes and set again.
- You can skip using food color and can make a white color barfi.
- The consistency of sugar syrup is important for the barfi to set nicely.
wonderful clicks and adorable.. barfis…
yummy post!! awesome clicks, no words to describe your photography, even a simple nariyal barfi has been made so exotic with your click!!
The colour and the texture is so perfect .. A must try … Thanks for sharing 🙂
lovely clicks and delicious barfis
This is one of my favorite sweets! So tempting!
Loving this post. can’t take my eyes off your pics. Just too much dear 🙂
Thnx a lot dear Sujatha.
Lovely photography. And love all ur recipes.