It’s pouring heavily in Bangalore these days and the first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Rain is pakoras. Piping hot pakoras along with a cup of steaming hot tea is what I crave for as soon as it starts to rain.
We at home love to sip on Tetley Lemon and Honey Green Tea with our snacks. Their green tea leaves are carefully sourced from Asia and combined with African green tea leaves picked from the high altitude plantations to create our great quality green tea. They are 100% Natural, expertly blended and are quality checked at least 8 times to ensure superior taste.
Although a staple crunch snack in most Indian households, today’s Non-fried Onion Pakora recipe adds a twist to the preparations by completely doing away with the oil. So you get the same tasty dish that can be enjoyed in a healthy, guilt-free way. Have it with Raw Mango and Coriander Chutney, or a Moroccan Harissa Sauce for a unique twist.
Recipe to make Non Fried Onion Pakora
Non-Fried Onion Pakora
- Besan - 1 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 2 cups Thinly sliced
- Fresh coriander - 2 tbsp Chopped
- Green Chili - 1 tsp Chopped
- Ginger - 2 tsp Grated
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ajwain - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- The onions will release some water in this time.
- Mix the ingredients again and add a tsp or two of water if the mixture is too thick.
- Heat a Non stick pan and lightly brush it with oil.
- Pour small amount of mixture on the pan keeping some distance between them.
- Gently press the pakoras with the back of a ladle.
- Cook on low heat until golden brown from both the sides.
- You can also use an AirFryer to make these pakoras.
- Remove the pakoras from the pan.
- Serve hot with Coriander chutney.