Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls… Before I came to the US, I had no idea what Nutella is. My sister who lives in New York always went on and on about it, and I always wondered ” what it would be like “. So when I got a chance to come to US, it was one of the first things that I bought for my pantry. And trust me, I am in love with it. Now I can go on and on about this lovely spread and how it has changed my morning breakfast and how it can spike up my desserts in no time. It has taken over my favorite snack of bread slice and Namkeen, has made it’s way into the sandwiched for the kiddo, morning milkshakes for Mohit and definitely my baking. I have already made a few things with Nutella, but could never take good pictures and so they are not a part of my blog still. But don’t worry, I’ll be posting each of them soon. For today, I made this delicious banana and Nutella Bread. It was moist and dense, perfect with a glass of milk for the breakfast and wonderful with a cup of brew in the evening and amazing as dessert after your meals. You can munch this bread all day long. Here is the recipe to make this delicious Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls…….
Recipe to make Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls
Olive Oil Banana Bread with Nutella Swirls
- All purpose flour - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 3 large
- Olive oil - 1/3 cup and 1 tbsp
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Banana puree - 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Nutella - 3 tbsp
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line a bread pan.
- Whisk all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar, granulated sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, yogurt, olive oil, banana puree and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Add liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk till combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour half of the batter in the pan.
- Spread half of the Nutella on top.
- Swirl with a stick.
- Pour the remaining batter and spread the remaining Nutella.
- Swirl again.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, till a knife comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.