Orange Garlic Prawns are flavourful and buttery and with a subtle flavor of oranges. These can be had as snacks or paired with rice. Here is how to make these.
Prawns are a good source of protein. They are also full of calcium, iodine, and zinc.
While I often make dishes from chicken, I somehow miss the fact that I am not including seafood in my family’s diet as much as I should.
Hence, the recipe for Orange Garlic Prawns got brainstormed within minutes! Sautéed in butter, parsley, orange juice, orange zest, and garlic, Prawns turned to be really scrumptious, I must say!
Orange Garlic Prawns even had this nice flavor of pepper and paprika as I had added a pinch of these spices as well.
For the first time, even my kiddo completed his plate when I served it to him.
My family and I relished these lip-smacking Orange Garlic Prawns with a plateful of steamed rice.
Some leftover Prawns were relished by me the second day and I completely loved what I was eating, telling you!
Just then, I thought of sharing the recipe of Orange Garlic Prawns with my Whisk Affair community as well. So, there you go, read its recipe, and do tweet your thoughts.
Step by Step Recipe
Heat butter in a pan.
Once the butter has melted, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
Add parsley, orange juice, orange zest, and garlic and fry for 10-12 minutes. Simmer the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
Add the prawns, salt, black pepper and paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot as is or on top of steamed rice.
Orange Garlic Prawns Recipe
- ¼ cup Butter
- 1 teaspoon Parsley (Chopped)
- ¼ cup Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 2 teaspoon Garlic (Minced)
- 500 g Prawns (Deveined and cleaned)
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Freshly Cracked Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Heat butter in a pan.
- Once the butter has melted, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add parsley, orange juice, orange zest and garlic and fry for 10-12 minutes.
- Simmer the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
- Add the prawns, salt, black pepper and paprika and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve hot as is or on top of steamed rice.