Make this super refreshing Orange Ginger Syrup at home in just 15 minutes using 4 simple ingredients. Here is how to make it.
You can also try my Thandai Syrup, if you want to try new variations.
About This Recipe
This Orange Ginger Syrup is a must try, especially in summers! It is super easy to make, refreshing and much better than the store bought syrups.
It is prepared in just 15 minutes with mere 4 ingredients – fresh orange juice, lemon juice, sugar and ginger. Just mix in 2 tablespoons of syrup with water/soda and ice cubes, and your refreshing summer beverage is ready to sip on!
As it lasts for about 1 month, you can double or triple the recipe to store for later use.
This easy and refreshing orange ginger syrup needs just 4 ingredients – orange juice, sugar, ginger and lemon juice.
Use freshly squeezed lemon and orange juice for the best taste. If not available, you can use store bought orange juice as well.
Increase or decrease the quantity of sugar depending on your taste.
Orange Ginger Syrup will easily last for about 1 month when stored in a covered glass container or a mason jar. Use a clean and dry spoon for every use, this will ensure that the syrup lasts longer.
Use it in your coolers, sherbets, slush, cakes, tea cakes, salad dressings, oatmeal, porridge or fusion desserts.
Sweeten whipped cream, sour cream or yogurt with it.
Orange Ginger Syrup
- 1 litre Fresh orange juice
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 5 cups Sugar
- 20 g Ginger (Finely chopped)
- Add orange juice, sugar, lemon juice and ginger in a pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Simmer the heat and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and transfer in a clean glass bottle.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for up to a month.
- To serve, take 2 tablespoon of syrup in a glass.
- Top with chilled water or soda water.
- Garnish with Orange slice or wedge and ice cubes.