Oriental crispy mushrooms is an Indo Chinese recipe where mushroom are coated in a batter and fried till crisp and then tossed in a spicy oriental sauce. Here is how to make crispy mushroom.
Chinese food has been majorly adapted in India, we have given our own twist to the cuisine! Indeed, the Indo-Chinese cuisine is one of the most liked cuisines in India and its popularity is increasing day by day.
The other day, when I had visited an Asian Restaurant for a lovely family dinner, we ended up ordering Oriental Crispy Mushrooms for starters. Oh, boy! That dish was so appetizing. Perfectly crisp, balanced with the right kind of sauces, Oriental Crispy Mushrooms made us crave for more.
I loved the idea of creating such an awesome dish so much that I was determined to prepare Oriental Crispy Mushrooms at home. So, while going back to home, I picked up all the ingredients needed for preparing this crispy starter. And next day, when I prepared them at home, I shook with joy because they turned out to be heavenly. We savoured them again and loved these starters even more!
To cook this Mushroom recipe, fry mushrooms until they are crisp and then tossing them in sauces until they are nicely coated gives this mushroom fry a delicious flavour. You can replace the mushroom with chicken as well.
For this crispy mushroom recipe, to make the mushrooms extra delicious and crunchy, we are coating it with a thin layer of cornflour, all purpose flour, salt and pepper before frying in to give it a lovely crunchy texture.
This step is important so that the mushrooms become crisp and only then it is added to the delicious sauce. While frying, the mushrooms are left to deep fry in oil for a few minutes only till it turns golden brown and then it’s coated with the sauce that gives it a beautiful hue.
This mushroom dish serves as a brilliant vegetarian starter and the best part is that crunch when you bite into it at first. The addition of peppers and onions in this dish adds to the flavour and texture of this oriental recipe.
The trick to note while preparing Oriental Crispy Mushrooms is to not toss the mushrooms in the sauce until you are ready to serve them. Tossing in the sauce just before serving will keep them crisp and crunchy.
Just keep that in mind and you are all set to treat yourself with scrumptious Oriental Crispy Mushrooms. You could serve Oriental Crispy Mushrooms as starters during cozy home parties or treat yourself with these crispy delights after coming from work.
Otherwise, you can plan an elaborate Chinese meal and serve them along with Vegetables in Hot Garlic Sauce and Schezwan Fried Rice. It’s time to note down the recipe for Oriental Crispy Mushrooms and get started for preparing them:
Oriental Crispy Mushrooms
- 250 g Mushroom (Use small mushrooms for this recipe)
- 3 tablespoon Cornflour
- 3 tablespoon Maida
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 2 tablespoon Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Onion (cut into cubes)
- 2 Green chilli (chopped)
- 1 Green pepper (cut into cubes)
- 1 Yellow or red pepper (cut into cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped spring onions for garnishing
- Wash the mushroom and wipe them with a kitchen towel.
- Cut the stalk and keep them for later use.
- Mix cornflour, all purpose flour, salt and black pepper powder in a bowl.
- Add little water and mix to make a thick batter.
- Dip the mushroom heads in the batter and leave for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and fry till golden brown.
- Do not overcrowd the pan otherwise the mushrooms will stick together.
- Remove in a plate and keep aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoon oil in a wok.
- Add garlic when the oil is hot.
- Add onions and bell peppers and fry for a minute.
- Now add soy sauce, vinegar, black pepper, salt and fried mushrooms and toss well.
- Garnish with spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
- Use a very light bottom wok for best result.
- Make this dish only when you are ready to serve. If you fry mushrooms beforehand, they will turn soggy.
- Toss the mushrooms in the sauce just before serving, to keep them crispy and crunchy.
- You can adjust the amount of green chili according to your taste and preference.
- Use mushrooms with small head for this recipe.