Palak and Chana Dal is a yummy, delicious combination, and when cooked as Palak Chana Dal Kabab, with a generous sprinkling of spices, the combo becomes a stunner. Here is how to make Palak Chana Dal Kabab.
Palak Chana Dal Kabab is that one starter which still remains in my good book of healthy recipes. Spinach is one of the favourite green at home and with tons of it growing in the backyard, I am finding myself using this ingredient a lot more.
After adding it in everyday lentil, dough and soups, I still had some from the last harvest and that’s when these Kebabs came to my mind. Full of flavours and packed with nutrients, these Palak aur Chana Dal Kabab are good to eat along with evening tea or just wrap them in a chapati along with mint chutney and onion laccha and your dinner is sorted.
You could make a fresh batch of Palak Chana Dal Kabab soon as the monsoon is coming rushing to our doorsteps. Oh, I tell you, a cup of piping hot Adrak wali Chai and Palak Chana Dal Kabab taste simply marvellous.
So, quickly buy some fresh stock of spinach and get ready to roll up few lip-smacking Palak aur Chana Dal Kebab by reading its quick recipe:
Palak Chana Dal Kabab Recipe
Palak Chana Dal Kabab
Palak Chana Dal Kabab is a yummy, delicious combination, and when cooked as kebabs, with a generous sprinkling of spices.
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 cups Palak
- 2 Bread slices Remove the corners
- 2 tsp Green chilli Chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh coriander Chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Grated
- 1/2 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 3 Egg white
- Oil for frying
- Wash chane ki dal and add it in a pressure cooker along with salt, turmeric powder and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook until dal is done.
- Do not over cook.
- Strain the water and transfer the dal in a bowl.
- Heat water in a big pot.
- When the water comes to a boil, add the spinach.
- Cook for a minute and then drain the water.
- Chop the spinach into a coarse puree.
- Transfer the spinach puree in the bowl along with cooked dal.
- Add bread slices, chilli, coriander, ginger, cumin powder, rice flour, black pepper, chaat masala and salt and mix well.
- Make small patties from the mixture.
- Whisk egg white in a bowl.
- Dip the patties in the egg white.
- Shallow fry the kebabs until golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.
Are you making this recipe? I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag Whiskaffair on Instagram with the hashtag #Whiskaffair and please give a star rating below ★. You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more such easy recipes.