These Parmesan Garlic croutons are amazingly delicious and very easy to make. Croutons add an essential texture to soups and other dishes. If you have always wondered how does the store bought one, or the ones you have enjoyed at restaurants taste so good, them these homemade ones here will beat all of them any day.
Parmesan and garlic make for an interesting combination. Parmesan cheese and herbs like garlic add a spicy, tangy note to these croutons, and you can add these to creamy Tomato Bisque or Tomato Basil Soup the next time you make it for the family. Here is how to make them at home with just a few ingredients.
Parmesan and Garlic Croutons
- 10-12 White bread slices (Corners removed and cut into small pieces)
- 6 tablespoon Olive oil
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Garlic powder (If garlic powder is not available, use crushed garlic cloves)
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried basil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (grated)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 degrees C.
- Mix olive oil, salt, garlic powder and dried herbs in a bowl.
- Add bread pieces and the oil mixture in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread the bread pieces on a baking tray in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes till golden brown.
- Toss the bread pieces in between for 2-3 times.