Also, peach is a sort of fruit that many people do not relish often, especially when bananas, oranges and apples are the staple in India. Peach Rosemary Jam is a wonderful recipe to include a nutritious fruit such as peach in your diet, and it will be loved by everyone. Some other options in jams that can be prepared for the family, include Black Grapes Jam and Strawberry Vanilla Jam. However, I love that refreshing colour and taste of Peach Rosemary Jam so much that every time I eat a toast, I make sure to spread this delicious, homemade jam atop and let it taste refresh me. If you are jam lover or you are not a jam lover, make sure to prepare Peach Rosemary Jam once and send me a tweet if you still do not fall in love with it, here’s it recipe:
Peach and Rosemary Jam
- Peaches - 1 kg
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Lemon juice - 3 tbsp
- Rosemary - 3-4 sprigs
- Wash the jar and it's lid you want to store your jam in with soap and water.
- Heat water in a large vessel and when the water comes to a boil, dip the jar and lid in it.
- After 2 minutes, remove the jar and the lid from the water using a tong.
- Remove the skin of the peaches.
- Seed the peaches and cut into small pieces.
- Pulse the peaches in a blender.
- You can make a smooth paste or leave a few small pieces if you like your jam chunky.
- Add peaches, sugar, rosemary sprigs and lemon juice in a non stick pan and cook on medium heat.
- Cook till the the jam is a little thinner than the desired consistency as it will thicken a bit afterwards.
- Remove the rosemary sprigs.
- Pour the jam in the sterilized jar.
- Cover with the lid and store in the refrigerator.