Try this refreshing homemade Peach Rosemary Jam prepared with fresh peaches, rosemary, sugar and lemon juice. Spread it on a crisp toast for a comforting breakfast. (vegan and gluten free)
I love making homemade jams, as they are fresh, prepared with high quality ingredients and free of preservatives/artificial colours. Here are some of my other tried and tested jam recipes – Mango Jam, Strawberry Vanilla Jam and No Pectin Instant Pot Strawberry Jam.
About This Recipe
This Peach Rosemary Jam just need 4 ingredients – peaches, sugar, lemon juice and rosemary. No pectin or canning required!
Pureed peaches are cooked with sugar, lemon juice and rosemary until a thick jam consistency is achieved. It is easy to make, fuss free and much better than the store bought jams.
Spread it on a crisp toast and enjoy it for breakfast with a cup of coffee or use it for your summer dessert recipes. You can easily double or triple the recipe.
This rosemary flavoured peach jam need fresh peaches, rosemary, sugar and lemon.
You can use any peach available in the market, but if you have an option select Clingstone Peaches.
Use ripe peaches and not over ripe, ones that are soft and ready to use. The skin in these peaches comes out easier and the jam also tastes the best with such fresh peaches.
You can even use frozen peaches if fresh peaches are not avaialble. Just substitute an equal amount of frozen fruit for fresh fruit in this recipe.
Make sure you thaw frozen peaches to room temperature. Also don’t drain the excess juice that is produced from the thawing process, it can be used in making the jam.
You can also make this jam with other seasonal fruits such as Raspberry, Blueberry, Apricot and Blackberry.
As you are making it at home, you can always adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste preference.
Frequently asked Questions:
No, you can’t leave the skin on peaches while making the jam, as the skin can be chewy and can ruin the texture of your jam
Here are some of my favourite ways to use this Peach Rosemary Jam:
- Slather it on a crisp toast and enjoy it for your breakfast or snack.
- Add it to your pancakes and waffles.
- Use it to make desserts such as pies, tea cakes, cheesecakes etc.
Once, your easy and fresh Peach Jam is ready, let it stand at room temperature for about 24 hours. You can store the unopened jam bottle in a cool, dry, dark place for up to 1 year and opened jams for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Peach Jam Recipe
- 1 kg Peaches
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3-4 sprig Rosemary
- Wash the jar and it’s lid you want to store your jam in with soap and water.
- Heat water in a large vessel and when the water comes to a boil, dip the jar and lid in it.
- After 2 minutes, remove the jar and the lid from the water using a tong.
- Remove the skin of the peaches.
- Seed the peaches and cut into small pieces.
- Pulse the peaches in a blender.
- You can make a smooth paste or leave a few small pieces if you like your jam chunky.
- Add peaches, sugar, rosemary sprigs and lemon juice in a non stick pan and cook on medium heat.
- Cook till the the jam is a little thinner than the desired consistency as it will thicken a bit afterwards.
- Discard the rosemary sprigs.
- Pour the jam in the sterilized jar and let it cool completely.
- Cover with the lid and store in the refrigerator.