Most of us love eating apples, right? Juicy, sweet and nicely ripe, feasting on apples especially during winter is a different kind of joy. However, while we are at it, we often forget that there are other fruits like pear as well which are as good as apples and can be used for creating a plethora of dishes. Pears are full of fiber, they combat colon cancer as well as constipation. My research even tells me that pears prevent osteoporosis. Plus, they even prevent stomach cancer. Along with the aforesaid, even our blood pressure reduces. Thankfully, I have often used pears for making salads, smoothies, chutneys are more. And this winter, even Pear Olive Oil Cake is also ruling my mind.
Tender, aromatic and decadent, Pear Olive Oil Cake can be served for high tea along with your choice of beverage and selected, quality conversations. Along with the basic baking ingredients, to give a slightly spicy flavour as per the climate, I have also added nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder to Pear Olive Oil Cake.
With Christmas just around the corner, do read my quick guide for preparing Pear Olive Oil Cake and bake it for sure!
Pear Olive Oil Cake
Pear Olive Oil Cake
- Whole wheat flour - ½ cup
- All purpose flour - ½ cup
- Baking powder - 1 and ½ tsp
- Baking soda - ½ tsp
- Salt - ¼ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
- Nutmeg powder - ¼ tsp
- Sugar - ¾ cup
- Eggs - 2
- Olive oil - 100 ml
- Vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Plain yogurt - 1 cup
- Pear - 1 ( Peeled, cored and cut into 8 slices )
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and line an 8 inch pan.
- Mix whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and sugar in a bowl.
- Mix egg, olive oil, vanilla extract, milk and yogurt in another bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan.
- Arrange the pear slices on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from oven and let the cake cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cake on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut into slices and serve.