Baking Hamburger Buns at home is absolutely amazing. My kiddo loves chicken burger and it was always Mc Donalds for the weekend for him. With these buns I made special burger for him at home.
Finally yesterday, I made these super soft and most probably the best Buns we have eaten in recent times. Although the buns were very soft (we ate half of them slathered with butter and Nutella), they made a very nice and sturdy base for the chicken patties and veggies.
This recipe is going to stay with me for a long time. I have tried making other kinds of buns too, Chicken Stuffed Buns and another bun like bread, the Brioche Nanterre.
Read a super easy recipe for preparing them
You might also like
Perfect Hamburger Buns
- 1 and ¼ cup Milk
- 2 and ½ tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 and ¼ teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 3 and ½ cup Bread flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Milk (for brushing on top)
- 2 tablespoon Sesame seeds (for sprinkling ton top)
- Mix milk, unsalted butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Heat till the butter is dissolved.
- Keep aside and cool till warm to touch.
- Add yeast.
- Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile add bread flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add the milk mixture in the mixing bowl.
- Add egg and mix to make a sticky dough.
- Take out the dough on a lightly floured surface and keep kneading with the heel of your hands for 10-12 minutes. ( Kneading is the key guys. Do not compromise on this step )
- If using a stand mixer, knead on medium speed for 6-8 minutes )
- Lightly oil a bowl and transfer the dough in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a moist cloth and keep it in a warm place for 2 hours, till the dough doubles in size.
- Lightly punch the dough and knead on the counter for a minute.
- Divide the dough into 10-12 equal pieces.
- Lightly oil your work surface and roll each piece into a ball on it.
- Keep the balls on a parchment lined tray and cover with a cling wrap.
- Keep in a warm place for an hour.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Set the oven on TOAST MODE where both the heating elements with work. ( In my oven it is represented by two parallel lines )
- Brush the surface of the buns with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Position the tray in the middle half of the oven.
- Bake the burgers for 15 – 20 minutes, till they are golden brown from the top.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
- You can eat them as such, smeared with some butter or Nutella or make burgers.