The combination of Plum and Chicken is unique, yet sure to impress your taste buds. Chicken soup is a staple in most Indian homes, but plums add a refreshing, mildly sweetish flavor to it. Also, the chunk of fried garlic, gives this soup a nice crunch. The Chunky Chicken Soup is lighter than this, and you can always make various types of bread to complement this soup. I had presented this recipe at the Kitchen Aid Contest held by IFBM and even at a food bloggers’ meet that happened in Bangalore.Kick-start your evening with a bowlful of this wholesome Plum Chicken Soup and get back in shape! Oh, it is such a joy to settle in a cozy nook and sip a piping hot cup of Plum and Chicken soup. Do note down its easy recipe and boil a nice pot of this delicious soup at home this evening.
Plum Chicken Soup
Plum Chicken Soup
Plum and Chicken Soup with Crispy Fried Garlic
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 8-10 cloves chopped
- Onion - 1/2 cup sliced
- Celery - 1/4 cup chopped
- Plums - 5-6 de seeded and chopped
- Chicken breast - 1 cut into pieces
- Bay leaf - 1
- Chicken stock - 4 cups
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- Freshly ground black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Dried rosemary - 1/2 tsp
- Dried thyme - 1/2 tsp
- Dried oregano - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan.
- Add 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, celery and fry for a minute.
- Add plums and chicken and fry for a minute.
- Add bay leaf and chicken stock and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and blend the mixture in a blender.
- Add butter in a pan.
- Add all purpose flour and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the pureed mixture in the pan.
- Add black pepper, rosemary, thyme, oregano and salt.
- Add cream and cook the soup for a minute.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a small pan.
- Add garlic and fry till golden brown and crisp.
- Pour the oil over the soup.
- Serve hot with some bread on the side.