Searching for that perfect fall dessert recipe? Then my Recipe for Pumpkin Dump Cake is apt for you. It is easy, tastes best in the autumn, and all you need to do is dump the ingredients in the baking pan. So, here’s how to make this dump and quick to eat pumpkin dessert.
Every year with the onset of August, the pumpkin-fever hits me. Because having stayed in the US, it kind of is the pumpkin season for me in India as well.
I love using pumpkin because it is a very versatile vegetable.
Pair it with chopped pecans, whipped cream and you have Pumpkin Pie Pancakes ready or make an energizing Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. Anything is possible with Pumpkin.
However, the simplest pumpkin recipe that I am so looking forward to making this season is this Pumpkin Dump Cake.
A cross between a pie and a cake, it is a great dessert to make when you have a time crunch and looking for something delicious to eat.
About This Recipe
Easy to be made from dry cake mix or yellow cake mix, this Dump Cake is actually not a cake.
It’s a mix between a pie and a cake. A gooey bottom layer topped with crunchy cake mix and pecans, it pairs very well with ice cream.
In order to make this pumpkin dessert, all you need is pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, brown sugar, butter, and your fav yellow cake mix.
It’s hands down the easiest dessert recipes to make this season. After all, you just need to dump the soothing pumpkin mixture in a cake pan and then relax.
If evaporated milk is not available to you easily, you can use cream instead of it.
Also, do check out my recipe to make Pumpkin Puree at home.
You can use walnuts instead of pecan if they are not available to you.
Benefits of Pumpkin
– Firstly, pumpkin is really good for the health of your heart.
– The amount of fiber, vitamin C and potassium that pumpkin contains is really good enough.
– Moreover, pumpkin contains antioxidants that reduce the damage done to our eyes.
– Consuming pumpkin also helps in fighting against diabetes and reduces the risk of cancer.
You see, eating this pumpkin dessert is sure going to be healthy, ha! Serve it warm with a dollop of ice cream, just as it is or swirl up some chocolate sauce with it.
Before you ask, here’s the recipe of this super easy and decadent dump cake.
How to make it with Cream Cheese?
To make it with cream cheese, whisk 200 g (8oz) cream cheese with 2 tbsp milk and 2 tbsp powdered sugar until smooth.
Fill this mixture in a piping bag and snip the end of the bag.
Pipe the mixture over the pumpkin puree layer and then top with the cake mix. Bake as mentioned below. Top the Pumpkin Dump Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting.
You might also like
Step by Step Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease an 8×8 inch tray with butter. Mix pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, ginger, cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in a mixing bowl.
Pour the mixture in the prepared tray.
Sprinkle the cake mix on top of it evenly.
Sprinkle pecans on top.
Finally drizzle the butter all over the tray and bake for 45-50 minutes until the edges the cake are browned and knife comes out clean fro the centre.
Remove the tray from the oven and let the cake cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
Pumpkin Dump Cake Recipe
- 15 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 8 oz Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 cup Pecans (Chopped)
- 3/4 cup Unsalted Butter (Melted)
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F (180 C)
- Grease a 8x8 inch tray with butter.
- Mix pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, white sugar, brown sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture in the prepared tray.
- Sprinkle the cake mix on top of it evenly.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Finally drizzle the butter all over the tray and bake for 45-50 minutes until the edges the cake are browned and knife comes out clean fro the centre.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the cake cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.