Rajasthani Mirchi vada is a traditional Rajasthani snack in which a spicy and tangy potato filling is stuffed inside large green chilies and then the chilies are dipped in a chickpea flour batter and deep fried. You are absolutely going to love this recipe.
Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- 8 Large green chilies
- 2 Potatoes (medium sized, boiled and peeled)
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Oil for frying
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Heeng / Asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon Saunf / Fennel seeds
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon Amchoor / Dry mango powder
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 & ½ cup Besan / Chickpea flour
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, heeng and fennel seeds.
- Add boiled potatoes.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, amchoor powder and fresh coriander.
- Mash the potatoes and mix with the spices.
- Cook for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Remove from the pan and cool.
- Mix besan, salt to taste and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add little water to make a thick batter.
- There should be no lumps in the batter.
- Make slits in the green chilies.
- Remove the seeds carefully without breaking the chilies.
- Stuff the chilies with potato mixture.
- Coat the chilies with besan batter and deep fry in hot oil till golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green coriander chutney.