What other color can feel so Christmasy and festive other than red. I am in a full festive mood and therefore made these bright and red Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies to feel even more happier.
The cookies are crisp, melt in your mouth and I would highly recommend this recipe. They can be stored in an airtight container, as the jam makes them a little soggy when left for a long time.
I suggest making the dough and bake as much cookies you need and refrigerate the remaining dough and thaw the dough for a few minutes before baking the cookies again. This recipe will give approx 20-22 cookies.
If baking cookies has captured your imagination, you can even try making the Crunchy Indian Shortbread Cookies,the crunchier Peanut Butter Cookies or the Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Equipment Required – Micro wave, Electric blender, Baking Sheet, Oven.
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
- 150 gms All purpose flour
- 100 gms Unsalted butter
- 75 gms Powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Raspberry jam
- Melt the jam in a microwave.
- Keep aside to come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Whisk sugar and butter in the bowl of your electric beater til light and fluffy. (approx 5 minutes on high speed )
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour and combine to form a soft dough.
- Make 20-22 equal size balls from the dough.
- Layer them on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Make an indentation in the center of the balls using your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Take out the tray from the oven and drop little jam in the center of the cookies.
- Bake again for 4-6 minutes, till the cookies become slightly brown from the sides.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Cookies looks so inviting and tempting, Neha. Beautiful click dear.
Ohh I love that box Neha, and the cookies have turned up so perfect ! I wonder how big your family is to gulp down all the goodies you make so frequently 🙂 Lucky them !!
Hey Neha..the last round of cookies in the baking currently and they have turned really wow!!! thanks so much…
Hi Neha! I tried these biscuits today and while they taste yum I had a couple of problems….hope you can help me! So when I made the depression with the thumb and popped them in the oven, the biscuits puffed up and the depression disappeared. After 10 mins I took them out a dropped a bit of jam and kept them back for 4-5 minutes but the jam started bubbling and slipped off the biscuits!! Any tips to get them like yours?? Thanks