What other color can feel so Christmassy and festive other than red. I am in a full festive mood and therefore made these bright and red Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies to feel even more happier. My son jumped after having a look at them, and made my life hell for a few minutes because I was clicking and he had to wait to have a bite. The cookies are crisp, melt in your mouth and I would highly recommend this recipe. They can be stored in an airtight container, as the jam makes them a little soggy when left for a long time. I suggest making the dough and bake as much cookies you need and refrigerate the remaining dough and thaw the dough for a few minutes before baking the cookies again. This recipe will give approx 20-22 cookies.
Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies
Equipment Required – Micro wave, Electric blender, Baking Sheet, Oven.
- All purpose flour - 150 g
- Unsalted butter - 100 g
- Powdered sugar - 75 g
- Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- Raspberry jam - ¼ cup (you can use any jam of your choice)
- Melt the jam in a microwave.
- Keep aside to come to room temperature.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Whisk sugar and butter in the bowl of your electric beater til light and fluffy. ( approx 5 minutes on high speed )
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour and combine to form a soft dough.
- Make 20-22 equal size balls from the dough.
- Layer them on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Make an indentation in the center of the balls using your thumb.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes.
- Take out the tray from the oven and drop little jam in the center of the cookies.
- Bake again for 4-6 minutes, till the cookies become slightly brown from the sides.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies on a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.